Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Anonymous #1

has anyone ever quit weed for anxiety or social anxiety?
    #12981134 - 07/31/10 01:40 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

i dont know what it is about weed but i've been smoking so long that im tempted to use way less frequently but i guess in my head,consiusly or sub-i feel almost afraid to let go and yes i realize weed isnt really that addictive,my main reason being i feel so out of place sometimes in modern society that i sometimes just feel anxious on how to be and if im around people i dont know, i feel like shying away from them.... but theres the flip side which is that i dont really care to quit for other people,but i know it could certainly be helpful for when im meeting new people... so ive been thinking today that a) weed is best alone, on the road or with close friends and b) maybe before social things i can just stop smoking for a day or i could start using more psychedelics and maybe saving weed more for to mix with other drugz... i also havent had sex in a long time, maybe that makes me more shy in general,i dnt know... its confusing tho cause weed is so borderline perfect  but it makes me think a lot :confused:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBiffzilla
Emperor of Bongolia

Re: has anyone ever quit weed for anxiety or social anxiety? [Re: Anonymous #1] * 2
    #12981160 - 07/31/10 01:49 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

methinnks the caterpillar need to climb into his cocoon before he can smoke weed with other peeps and flap his wings with teem

--------------------
===================================================================
- Show me the honey -
===================================================================

Anonymous #1

Re: has anyone ever quit weed for anxiety or social anxiety? [Re: Biffzilla]
    #12981183 - 07/31/10 01:57 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

o.O    :bonghit2:

InvisibleAlteredAgain
Visual Alchemist
 User Gallery

Loc: Solar Circuit
Re: has anyone ever quit weed for anxiety or social anxiety? [Re: Anonymous #1] * 1
    #12981316 - 07/31/10 02:35 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I smoke very rarely now for that reason. I mean, it's much like a double edged sword for me. Weed makes me super creative and draws inspiration into my life, but at the cost of blurring my perception and clarity of thought. When I was a teen I had some negative experiences smoking with people. I used to act ridiculous and people took advantage of that, so today I always have this little thing about smoking with others. In your case I agree with your inclination to give it a break. If your initial thought is that you need to clear yourself, then that is probably exactly so. Nothing at all wrong with putting the bong down.

--------------------

Offlinefeifen

Re: has anyone ever quit weed for anxiety or social anxiety? [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #12981359 - 07/31/10 02:49 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

OP: So what you are trying to say is..

-You like weed
-Weed makes you antisocial/shy
-You don't want to be antisocial

The obvious is pretty clear.... if you know you are going to be around people, don't smoke.

I'm normally a pretty outgoing guy but if I'm with people I don't know well and I'm high it keeps my mind blank and nothing really gets said.

If you want a social life, go get one, and leave the pot behind for when you are by yourself or with a smoking buddy.

Anonymous #2

Re: has anyone ever quit weed for anxiety or social anxiety? [Re: feifen]
    #12982983 - 07/31/10 09:56 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

At this point in my life the only thing I benefit from is enchanced sexual experiences.  Better orgasms, closer relationships, more intimate and relaxed and experimental mindset.  As far as weed and dealing with other people though...anxiety attack waiting to happen.

Invisiblepsykiidellic
Stranger

Re: has anyone ever quit weed for anxiety or social anxiety? [Re: Anonymous #2]
    #12984271 - 08/01/10 07:20 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

This is the exact reason my i quit weed.

--------------------
In need of a Trance traffic tracker Invite or Bitme invite - PM me if you can help.

Invisibleawesomebastard
Lost
Male User Gallery

Re: has anyone ever quit weed for anxiety or social anxiety? [Re: psykiidellic]
    #12984555 - 08/01/10 09:38 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

psykiidellic said:

--------------------
"Absolute certainty is a privilege of uneducated minds and fanatics." ~ C.J. Keyser

Mr. Cypher said: "I just tell the girls how sexy I am and their panties melt."

Anonymous #3

Re: has anyone ever quit weed for anxiety or social anxiety? [Re: awesomebastard]
    #12987207 - 08/01/10 08:37 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

No, I probably should, I can imagine it would help.

OfflineShroom lover
Lord Shiva
Male

Loc: LSD island
Re: has anyone ever quit weed for anxiety or social anxiety? [Re: Anonymous #3]
    #12987420 - 08/01/10 09:14 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

well i tend to just smoke alone or with a close friend for that reason, I can act fine around a lot of people slightly high but not baked.....

--------------------
Lets go back in the time machine to ancient india and smoke Hashish with Lord Shiva.

"nuthin beats a couple bowls at midnight when the world around you is fast asleep" - LetsGetBlazed

Offlineweshroom
 User Gallery

Re: has anyone ever quit weed for anxiety or social anxiety? [Re: Shroom lover] * 1
    #12992532 - 08/02/10 07:14 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah im the same way. And ive posted in quite a few threads about it. And im still learning the answer, but honestly just do it when you can be comfortable. So just do it with those your comfortable around or by yourself and just do it not very often because...you dont have to get high alot ya know. Life has its own highs that you can go out and get. But its hard when your friends blaze but you have some friends that you just cant be comfortable around when smoking. Then it really makes you think too....and im still figuring that one out. And i feel like after smoking and bieng uncomfortable so much that it has tainted the high and makes it where even when i smoke in what should be a comfortable situation its not so much. So take some time of not smoking, then go back to smoking when your really comfortable so the experience is good and at its max level of anxiety free... and just dont do it as often till your at a level where your fully comfortable with your situation and everyone aroudn you.

InvisibleCrumpet
go sranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Australia Flag
Re: has anyone ever quit weed for anxiety or social anxiety? [Re: weshroom]
    #12993287 - 08/02/10 09:50 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Interesting stuff. good thread

--------------------
Ronda Nina...

Anonymous #4

Re: has anyone ever quit weed for anxiety or social anxiety? [Re: awesomebastard]
    #12994994 - 08/03/10 09:15 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

awesomebastard said:
Quote:

psykiidellic said:

cosigned

now just very rarely by myself or with very close peeps

OfflineJackofSpades
Peace
Male

Re: has anyone ever quit weed for anxiety or social anxiety? [Re: Anonymous #4]
    #13001067 - 08/04/10 11:51 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

i did just this and quit 6 months ago about. good decision. happy i did it.

--------------------
If you're frightened of dying and  you're holding on, you'll see devils tearing your life away. But if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the earth.

OfflinePowerTrip
Polypharmaceutical Shaman
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The void
Re: has anyone ever quit weed for anxiety or social anxiety? [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #13001216 - 08/04/10 12:23 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Weed has always been a personal experience for me, and something I benefit most from when I use it while alone.

Most socially anxious people are introverted.  Weed tends to push your personality further in whichever direction it already leans.  That's why extroverts can smoke and become more outgoing while the introverts become silent.

One thing I learned from being an introvert with regards to drug use is that you get a significantly greater hallucinogenic and mind fuck type of experience.  I always tripped way harder than any of my friends at half the dose.  Even weed could give me visuals in a dark room.

I also noticed when I smoked regularly there were effects that persisted on a daily basis even though I only smoked at night.

So yeah, if you feel weed is making socializing more difficult for you, then you're probably right.  Drop it and stick to smoking on very rare occasions when you need some more creative guidance in life.

--------------------
I spit reality, instead of what you usually learn
and I refuse to be concerned with condescending advice
cause I'm the only motherfucker that can change my life

Offlineweshroom
 User Gallery

Re: has anyone ever quit weed for anxiety or social anxiety? [Re: PowerTrip]
    #13001904 - 08/04/10 02:28 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

PowerTrip said:
Weed has always been a personal experience for me, and something I benefit most from when I use it while alone.

Most socially anxious people are introverted.  Weed tends to push your personality further in whichever direction it already leans.  That's why extroverts can smoke and become more outgoing while the introverts become silent.

One thing I learned from being an introvert with regards to drug use is that you get a significantly greater hallucinogenic and mind fuck type of experience.  I always tripped way harder than any of my friends at half the dose.  Even weed could give me visuals in a dark room.

I also noticed when I smoked regularly there were effects that persisted on a daily basis even though I only smoked at night.

So yeah, if you feel weed is making socializing more difficult for you, then you're probably right.  Drop it and stick to smoking on very rare occasions when you need some more creative guidance in life.

See if were into all that introvert extrovert label stuff, Im like on the line of an introvert and an extrovert. So when I smoke weed, it pushes me into the introvert around others most of the time when nothing is going on but in an uncomfortable way because like...im an extrovert on the inside too. But then if I have a way to outlet my built up energy when I smoke or the right people who bring it out... then my high can lean towards extrovert and kind of build me up. Unfortunately 90% of the time in the situation im in when im smoking around others we dont do anything and the high goes south.

InvisibleCrumpet
go sranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Australia Flag
    #13003249 - 08/04/10 06:56 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I've tried to explain this to someone while i was on weed when i was the introver and they were the extrovert but couldn't find the words to put it right.

CA CHING! I'll store that one away for next time.

--------------------
Ronda Nina...

Invisiblevegas69
humble

Re: has anyone ever quit weed for anxiety or social anxiety? [Re: Crumpet]
    #13007746 - 08/05/10 02:37 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I feel:
Anxious , Paranoid and I second guess a lot of things. I go deep into thoughts and tend to feel the opposite of how I feel not high...it sucks!
In social environments I get super quiet unless I had been drinking first(which doesnt happen very often any more). I smoked for a long time and Dont understand why as I get older it gets worse...it sucks!!!!!
Only time its ok is when I am active such as riding a bike or yard work or something like that. Interaction with people  doesn't work anymore.
Subconscious damage at some point.

Offlineweshroom
 User Gallery

Re: has anyone ever quit weed for anxiety or social anxiety? [Re: vegas69]
    #13010484 - 08/06/10 01:21 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

vegas69 said:
I feel:
Anxious , Paranoid and I second guess a lot of things. I go deep into thoughts and tend to feel the opposite of how I feel not high...it sucks!
In social environments I get super quiet unless I had been drinking first(which doesnt happen very often any more). I smoked for a long time and Dont understand why as I get older it gets worse...it sucks!!!!!
Only time its ok is when I am active such as riding a bike or yard work or something like that. Interaction with people  doesn't work anymore.

Quote:

vegas69 said:
I feel:

Yeah man, its weird shit. My buddy just came back in town from thailand and so we all got togeather to burn a couple blunts and chill and I guess I thought it was all gonna be good, but low and behold the same weed high anxiety and bad mojo still came along. Seems like just taking a few hits I can handle and work with alot more....I need to remember that.

InvisibleAlteredAgain
Visual Alchemist
 User Gallery

Loc: Solar Circuit
    #13010513 - 08/06/10 01:32 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Anxiety caused by cannabis may well be related to dosage. I mean I've always been really sensitive.. but I know friends who can smoke blunt after blunt and not act socially retarded. I just take a hit of a grav and I'm done for. Best for me has always been a few little tokes out of a pipe or joint. Next time someone gets anxious, just try lowering your dosage. Smoke less quantity, and who knows you'll probably enjoy more quality.

:bigweed:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds