Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineblahblah5368
Stranger

reality of a psychedelic experience
    #12907207 - 07/16/10 01:21 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

is the world we see while on psychedelics more of a "reality" than the world we see when sober?  i, for one, cant imagine why anyone would not want to look at the world thru what i like to call "acid glasses".  everything is so much more pure and right and joyous.  how can the shitty world we live in be the "reality" we are supposed to experience before we go onto whatever happens after death?  i think that life was meant to be seen thru "acid glasses", or shrooms or whatever.  i cant see people making war in a psychedelic state of mind, or overpopulating the earth, or polluting, or becoming obese, or generally destroying our planet.  i could live the rest of my life in an lsd-induced state, and would need nothing besides nourshiment, nature, music, and company.  additionally, i'm quite interested in the state of consciousness attained when taking extra large doses of psychedelics or dmt.  almost everyone reports the same kinds of feelings/emotions, and on dmt alot of people see the exact same kinds of worlds/beings.  how "real" is this dmt world, and why does an intense psychedelic experience make everyone feel so whole and connected with the entire universe?  it seems like during an intense experience we transcend our finite and limited human forms and become something totally different.  is this the reality that everyone needs to attain to turn around our pathetic culture/world?  any thoughts, idea, revelations, etc would be greatly appreciated

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleChronic7
Re: reality of a psychedelic experience [Re: blahblah5368] * 1
    #12907220 - 07/16/10 01:23 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

all experience is as real as any other, an illusion

--------------------

OfflineHoloverse
Abres Los Ojos
 User Gallery

Re: reality of a psychedelic experience [Re: blahblah5368]
    #12907337 - 07/16/10 01:42 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

blahblah5368 said:
i could live the rest of my life in an lsd-induced state, and would need nothing besides nourshiment, nature, music, and company. 

Welcome to the awakening.  :smirk:
Now the true path starts.

To find that state of mind again, without drugs.
To live that state of mind always, without drugs.

It IS possible.

Reminds me of Ram Dass, who gave a indian yogi LSD and nothing happened.
Obviously because the guru already exists in that state, always.
Ram Dass then decided to give up drugs, and converted to a life of meditation/spirituality after that.

This is what the guru said to him...about whether he should continue taking LSD....
"If you are alone, in a place that is peaceful, and your mind is focused only toward God, then you may take this medicine."

--------------------
z -> z*z + c  = GOD

“Your denial is beneath you, and thanks to the use of hallucinogenic drugs, I see through you.”

MUSHROOMS ARE IN SYMBIOTIC EVOLUTION WITH HUMANS.
JUST LIKE ORCHIDS MIMIC THE BEES THAT POLLINATE THEM, MUSHROOMS MIMIC VARIOUS HUMAN ANATOMY.  THEY ARE OUR EVOLUTIONARY BIRTHRIGHT!! 

Edited by Holoverse (07/16/10 01:55 PM)

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #12907372 - 07/16/10 01:49 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

My guess is that LSD and the like put one into a pre material state. Or what it's like to be in the womb with all your needs met. But once out of that we are in a material world governed by the struggle for survival. You can't get around that until death imo. You can however make it easier on yourself.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

OfflineAngryPhil
Herenow

Re: reality of a psychedelic experience [Re: Holoverse]
    #12907384 - 07/16/10 01:51 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Unfortunately, but also fortunately, natural selection is about survival and not happiness
Happiness, mostly the desire for happiness, is a clever little mechanism to get us to do what we're supposed to do
It's a piece of bait hanging in front of us, and we chase it, but as soon as we catch up and try to take a bite, it vanishes and reappears a fucking mile away

Most of the time anyway, apparently there's a way to trick it

--------------------
The creation takes hand of the chisel...

Offlinecircastes
Big Questions Small Head
Male User Gallery

Loc: straya Flag
Re: reality of a psychedelic experience [Re: AngryPhil]
    #12907420 - 07/16/10 01:57 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

If life sucks it's because you're making it suck. I've found myself in higher ecstasies sober than when on MDMA or mushrooms. Troof.

--------------------
My solitude...
My shield...
My armour...

TESTED
WITH
FULL
FORCE

Offlineblahblah5368
Stranger

Re: reality of a psychedelic experience [Re: circastes]
    #12907479 - 07/16/10 02:09 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

circastes,

i find it hard so hard to believe that people can truly experience the peace, whole-ness, and utter joy of being on a psychedelic by meditating.  ive been able to attain a portion of this feeling by meditating, but only after i first started taking psychedelics.  like many before me have stated, psychedelics open the door for you.  did you really come into that pure estatic state of mind BEFORE you took psychedelics for the first time?

OfflineHoloverse
Abres Los Ojos
 User Gallery

#12907520 - 07/16/10 02:14 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

did you really come into that pure estatic state of mind BEFORE you took psychedelics for the first time?

Some of the most powerful "trips" or realizations Ive had, were while meditating, sober minded.

I haven't done drugs in 5 years.

But yes, I did shrooms before I started meditating, so I get what youre saying.

But there are thousands of gurus and monks, who have never touched a substance before, and have probably achieved greater deepness and clarity than we have ever experienced.

To say you cant experience these states without drugs, is selling yourself short.

Your body is full of chemicals made just for these situations.
DMT, adrenachrome, dopamine, serotonin....its all inside you for transcendent experience.

--------------------
z -> z*z + c  = GOD

“Your denial is beneath you, and thanks to the use of hallucinogenic drugs, I see through you.”

JUST LIKE ORCHIDS MIMIC THE BEES THAT POLLINATE THEM, MUSHROOMS MIMIC VARIOUS HUMAN ANATOMY.  THEY ARE OUR EVOLUTIONARY BIRTHRIGHT!! 

InvisibleChronic7
    #12907537 - 07/16/10 02:18 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

When i first started having great meditation experiences it was always in the week after id tripped, but its totally possible to successfully meditate without touching anything, infact meditation is 'not touching anything' not touching thoughts, feelings etc...

--------------------

Offlineblahblah5368
Stranger

#12907726 - 07/16/10 02:55 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

your point about those chemicals already being in your body is interesting. are you saying those chemicals are responsible for the meditative states that some people can attain?  and the monks and gurus who have attained certain states of mind don't neccessarily attain the same state of mind that one has while on psychedelics do they?  i mean, if you asked a monk who has been meditating or whatever for decades to try a large dose of shrooms or dmt, i would think that the experience would be quite different than their meditative states, possibly even more fufilling/enriching.  but again this is just speculation, i really don't have a lot of experience with meditation

Offlineblahblah5368
Stranger

#12907737 - 07/16/10 02:57 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

just to clarify, i was speaking mainly of dmt in the above post when i asked the question about your statement on "chemicals already in your body"

OfflineHoloverse
Abres Los Ojos
 User Gallery

#12907921 - 07/16/10 03:45 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

are you saying those chemicals are responsible for the meditative states that some people can attain?

That, and a host of other biological responses as well....

What happens biologically speaking, during meditation is quite a few things...

First you stop your thoughts, in your left logical/speaking/thinking brain.  Which allows for more "reverbaration" of your neurons firing.

An Example is,.... a room with alot of things in it, doesnt echo as much, as if you empty that room, and then yell out loud.
Same concept.  So the emptier your mind becomes of thought, the more "space" you will feel, subjectively speaking.

So once you empty your mind of thought, any other neuronal firings, have a much more pronounced effect. Brighter colours, louder/deeper sounds, stronger emotions.  Everything is amplified, so to speak, because your brain is empty of the cluttering firings of thought, and these pure signals can "reverb/echo" much more efficiently, causing your brain and its neurons to eventually start firing in a synchronous and coherent way.

Not much different than a Bose-Einstein condensate, so to speak.
Where all atoms "lose themselves" within a group, and form a "giant atom". 

Your brain activity then starts moving towards the frontal lobes.
And blood flows more towards that area.  Flowing away from your rear parietal lobes.

The parietal lobe is the part of the brain that gives you a sense of position within space.  Its your "body picture" within your brain.
When blood starts flowing away from there, and the neurons stop firing, you "lose yourself" and all bodily awareness, and become a "point of consciousness" within your frontol lobe, somewhat between your eyes, which can now be shifted to any spot in space.

Once this state is achieved, your whole spinal column will usually now start taking on the vibrations of your brain, and your whole spinal column will become part of the brains Bose-Einstein condensate.

This feels subjectively like energy flowing into your head, and down your spine.  Like a pulsing rythym of waves.
Because all your atoms are now functioning coherently, and together.
All pulsing at the same wavelength.

Which will usually be around 7HZ which is the schumann resonance.

Finally after this state is achieved,
your endocrine glands go into hyperactivity.
Starting at the Root chakra and moving upwards.
They start producing copious amounts of dopamine and serotonin first.
Which subjectively feels like a wave of bliss, or an ocean of forgiveness.

Then when you finally reach the pineal gland, it will start outputting melatonin, and DMT, which is what causes the visionary states during samadhi.

These are just the objective things that occur during deep meditation.

Shrooms work in the same way sort of, by amplifying the signals in your brain.  Thus colours appear way more vivid, music sounds way more awesome, and can even trigger strong emotions due to biological resonance with the tones/music.

I'll say it again.....
Meditating on shrooms, with tibetan singing bowls, is the experience of a lifetime!!

EDIT:

I found this somewhere on the net, but its along the same lines...

Experience of full-body vibration or feeling of movement of crawling ant is caused by neural synchrony of higher frequencies. Davidson & his team experimented with Tibet practitioners with more than 10,000 hours of meditation, and amplitude of frequencies of 80-120 Hz. were frequently  detected.

It is possible that observable phenomena are produced by much higher synchrony. This may be a full body synchrony that will make the neurons in cerebro-spinal system as well as heart and guts (that produces 80% of serotonin. Is this the reason that a sumptuous meal causes satisfaction and contentment, hallmark of serotonin?) participate in higher order of synchrony. This higher level of neural synchrony might create a state like Bose-Einstein condensate where all constituent fire simultaneously in same direction producing extra-ordinary properties like super-conductivity or super-liquid? Synchronous firing of 10 to the power 11 neurons in human body is the ultimate coherence that a living body can attain.Kundalini awakening is the esoteric concept for this synchonous alignment. Even involuntary autonomous nervous system entrains with voluntary nervous system. When the yogi gains controls over his full nervous system and able to generate coherence at this scale, he is able to control the Universe at his will. What is universe? It is the grasp of the senses. If voluntary as well as involuntary action comes under the command of the Yogi, he is able to command the observation. He gains insight into the deepest coherence of universe and can attune himself to that level. This way he can become the master of the Universe. He merges his will with the will of God. He attains God-hood himself.

Edited by Holoverse (07/16/10 05:23 PM)

OfflineXDS
alive at dawn
Male

#12908260 - 07/16/10 04:57 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Holoverse said:
Quote:

blahblah5368 said:
i could live the rest of my life in an lsd-induced state, and would need nothing besides nourshiment, nature, music, and company. 

Welcome to the awakening.  :smirk:
Now the true path starts.

To find that state of mind again, without drugs.
To live that state of mind always, without drugs.

It IS possible.

Ram Dass then decided to give up drugs, and converted to a life of meditation/spirituality after that.

This is what the guru said to him...about whether he should continue taking LSD....
"If you are alone, in a place that is peaceful, and your mind is focused only toward God, then you may take this medicine."

To be honest this is all great and good but then you have to work out how you are going to buy your next meal and some clothes and fill up your tank with fuel.

When you can do that off of the realisations gained from psychedelic experience than you are in a great place but until that point we all have to conform to some extent just to survive.  Because of this I have to maintain that the psychedelic experience is just an illusion compared to 'real' life.

I wish it wasn't after years these are still some of the most important experiences i have had...

OfflineHoloverse
Abres Los Ojos
 User Gallery

Re: reality of a psychedelic experience [Re: XDS]
    #12908329 - 07/16/10 05:11 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

XDS said:
To be honest this is all great and good but then you have to work out how you are going to buy your next meal and some clothes and fill up your tank with fuel

True, but you just do it in a mindfully aware state.
Not in a zombie state, as most people do.

--------------------
z -> z*z + c  = GOD

Offlineblahblah5368
Stranger

#12908371 - 07/16/10 05:27 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

holoverse,

i'm curious, are these your theories, or proven medical facts?  its not that i doubt it, i just find it very interesting.  and is this the same process that occurs during sensory deprivation, i.e a float tank?  im guessing total sensory deprivation is a bit more intense than meditation tho, combining the deprivation of thought with the deprivation of any bodily feeling whatsoever

OfflineHoloverse
Abres Los Ojos
 User Gallery

#12908531 - 07/16/10 06:01 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

These are not my theories, but some of it is proven fact.
Like the right parietal lobe being shut off, frontal lobe activation, and glandular hyperactivity.

The rest, about entrainment, and bose-einstein condensate, is a theory.  But its being proven further and further as we speak by various professionals.

There are some that say that ecstatic states occur only when our whole system is in a "phase lock" of sorts, and the sacro-cranial pump in our body is pumping in a perfectly PHI fractal ratio (1.618)

Meaning....bliss/enlightenment is literally just a perfect PHI spiral and fractality of our brain and heart "pumping" together as it were.

They even show that if you meditate near a tree or plant, or other biological being, that the plant/tree over enough time, will also start resonating with your body as you achieve fractal embedding of heart/brain/blood.

Meaning....the subjective feeling of "becoming one with a tree" is actually the very real feeling, of physically resonating with it, on a fundamental level.

As for the isolation tank.
Yes....I would think it would provide a faster way toexperience meditative states, since your brain would achieve its "space", much quicker with less neuronal firings from sensory organs.
So in a way it would be better than just meditation alone.
Specially for someone without much experience with meditation.

But I also wouldnt go so far as to say its better than plain meditation.
Because with practice, you can learn to achieve sensory deprivation without the tank.
So in a sense, theyre the same.

Meditation is just a clearing of thoughts, and allowing natural resonances to fractally cascade and embed themselves within your body.

--------------------
z -> z*z + c  = GOD

Edited by Holoverse (07/16/10 06:02 PM)

Offlineblahblah5368
Stranger

#12908598 - 07/16/10 06:13 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

well thank you for all the info, its fascinating and honestly a bit over my head.  i'll have to do some research of my own on it.  i have another question for you: do you feel like psychedelics or meditation give you the best feelings of complete peace, happiness, and overall right-ness in the world?  ik you said you havent done drugs in 5 years, so im guessing for you its meditation

OfflineHoloverse
Abres Los Ojos
 User Gallery

#12908778 - 07/16/10 06:49 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

do you feel like psychedelics or meditation give you the best feelings of complete peace, happiness, and overall right-ness in the world

Yes, without a doubt.

Before I experienced shrooms, I wasnt sure of anything.
I was scatter brained, didnt know what I wanted, had never really felt love, or been in love, and always just wanted to kill myself.  I was pretty much an atheist, with no "spiritual side" so to speak.

Then I had a massive trip which revealed all, and I came to understand the "cosmic connection" of everything, and that everything is exactly as it should be, and that there is indeed a God/Infinite/Supreme Consciousness driving the universe, and that I could acccess this anytime I wanted. I also felt love like I had never felt before.
It was amazing.

I wanted to shout it from the rooftops, to show everyone just how wonderful everything REALLY is!  And as cliche as it sounds...
That ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE

Dan Winter goes into the fact that LOVE can be measured on an EKG machine as a perfect PHI ratio beat.
And BLISS is felt as the EEG/Brain matches up to the heart.

Everything in nature grows in PHI ratios, because its the perfect fractally embedded design.  So it makes perfect sense that "feeling God" would literally be an experiencing of this fractal, inside your body, through phase coherence.  Because its quite literally the creative template of the universe.

Heres a little video I made showcasing the Universe, and PHI...

Edited by Holoverse (07/16/10 06:58 PM)

OfflineKickleM
Wanderer
 User Gallery

#12908827 - 07/16/10 07:00 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Holoverse said:

lol
I've never once tripped off LSD.

And by that I mean that I've taken the most potent stuff that people can find me and it does nothing. I'm not in any enlightened state, I just don't have a reaction. Beats the hell out of me as to why. Last time I took acid, my friend guaranteed this was the one. Best stuff he'd ever gotten. Took 2 hits, nothing. Called him, told him his shit was bunk. He swore up down left and right that it wasn't. Told me to give it to anyone I trusted and see if they tripped. So I did, and they did. Tripped harder than I'd ever seen them trip. So I took another 2 hits, thinking maybe the first two were just a mishandled section or something strange like that. Nothing... felt like taking a dose of caffeine if anything. I went and visited with my Grandfather a few hours after eating them. :shrug:

--------------------
Why shouldn't the truth be stranger than fiction?
Fiction, after all, has to make sense. -- Mark Twain

Offlinecircastes
Big Questions Small Head
Male User Gallery

Loc: straya Flag
    #12909069 - 07/16/10 08:09 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

blahblah5368 said:
circastes,

i find it hard so hard to believe that people can truly experience the peace, whole-ness, and utter joy of being on a psychedelic by meditating.  ive been able to attain a portion of this feeling by meditating, but only after i first started taking psychedelics.  like many before me have stated, psychedelics open the door for you.  did you really come into that pure estatic state of mind BEFORE you took psychedelics for the first time?

My first MDMA experience opened up the "cosmic love" door or "oceanic feeling" for me. I didn't have it for a year after that until I took mushrooms for the first time. Then, I just blindly believed there was no way back to that state except through the drugs themselves, for years. Then, I started reading into Eastern religious practices, and one day just decided nothing existed, and felt RAPTURE momentarily. That made me realize this ecstasy, cosmic love or oceanic feeling is part of our nature, not something forced upon ourselves by chemicals. So I kept 'meditating' and nowadays, most of the day, I feel a deep, 'divine' ecstasy in my chest, and sensations are more tactile. All I do is concentrate and block out egoic thoughts as much as I can. See the 'Abide as the Self' thread about Maharashi, in that vid he's obviously having a rapturous ecstasy without any effort on his part or on the part of any drug. That's perhaps what I've felt once, like to that degree, but I get some portion of it all the time (I am no Ramana).

--------------------
My solitude...
My shield...
My armour...

TESTED
WITH
FULL
FORCE

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale