Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineSlavaslave
Howdy folks
Male User Gallery

Loc: In a box passing as a dor... Flag
drug dogs...
    #12464624 - 04/27/10 10:47 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Are they trained to detect mushrooms?

--------------------
"I am serious... and don't call me Shirley." RIP

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Onlinetwighead
mͯó
I'm a teapot

Loc: Glenn Gould's Fuck Windmill Flag
Re: drug dogs... [Re: Slavaslave]
    #12464662 - 04/27/10 10:53 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

No

--------------------
¿Check out some art m8?

OfflineGarage_Dragon
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #12464768 - 04/27/10 11:13 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

It's funny that I had this exact same question yesterday and did a fair amount of googling on the topic.  The consensus seemed to be that any trained drug dog would smell and alert on it.

In all my searching, I couldn't find any references to an actual Police Standard Operating Procedure document.  The evidence I saw was all anecdotal.

One thing I took away is that if you are carrying a large amount, don't divide it up into smaller bags.  Don't carry a scale or anything else that could provide evidence of intent to distribute.

--------------------
Disclaimer: Everything I say is a lie.  I only talk about manufacturing and distributing drugs as a way to impress strangers on the Internet.  The thoughts and statements made above are a complete fabrication and are not grounds to issue a search warrant or conduct a search without my consent.

Offlinefapjack
Title
 User Gallery

Loc: Central New Jersey
    #12464785 - 04/27/10 11:17 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

They can train dogs to smell them, doesn't mean its common practice.  Mushrooms aren't exactly a common drug.

--------------------

InvisibleMrKnightVision
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: BGS
    #12464819 - 04/27/10 11:23 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Slavaslave said:
Are they trained to detect mushrooms?

I've always wondered if they can smell DMT? I would think so, since it kind of smells like another substance.

Anyone know for sure???

--------------------
I'm Looking for Vietnamese Pans :pm: For More Info

I LIVE IN MY OWN LITTLE WORLD, BUT IT'S OK...THEY KNOW ME HERE

OfflineAntiEverything
im not a doctor
Male

Re: drug dogs... [Re: fapjack]
    #12464828 - 04/27/10 11:24 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

yeh I would go as far as to bet that big metro areas like SF bay and Portland, the dogs could possibly be trained for that

in smaller areas though, its most likely that the dogs are mainly just trained set off an alert, regardless of if there are drugs in the car.

i got pulled over once with my brother + 1 friend, they immediately forced us out of the vehicle, WITHOUT question or reason. sat us on the curb, and we waited for a drug dog to come out.

the drug dog came, sniffed around our car, alerted the cops that there was in fact pot in the car, they tore apart the entire fucking car, didn't even find a stem or seed, or a crumb.

we were free to go, not much communication between us and the cops honestly, more like a nice "hey fuck you im searching you based off nothing whatsoever and if you dont like it, then fuck you"

they were being HUGE dicks, had NO patience for us even slightly. not sure what the fuck was up with it but it was fucked.

--------------------
You are at once
both
the quiet
and
the confusion
of my heart.
-Franz Kafka

OfflinePreparationH
apply daily

Loc: Amsterdam
Re: drug dogs... [Re: MrKnightVision]
    #12464831 - 04/27/10 11:25 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

there was a story in our news section about a dog tipping off that there were drugs in a vehicle, upon opening the trunk they found cereal boxes full of shrooms.

so who knows...

OfflineWakeboardrB
Pepe Silvia
Male

Re: drug dogs... [Re: MrKnightVision]
    #12464834 - 04/27/10 11:26 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

They can be trained to alert on anything that has an odor. But I think the vast majority of the time they are only trained to pick up on the big four.

Marijuana
Cocaine
Heroin
Methamphetamine

--------------------
Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box.

InvisibleMrKnightVision
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: BGS
Re: drug dogs... [Re: WakeboardrB]
    #12464854 - 04/27/10 11:29 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

WakeboardrB said:
They can be trained to smell anything that has an odor. But I think the vast majority of the time they are only trained to pick up on the big four.

Marijuana
Cocaine
Heroin
Methamphetamine

I think DMT sort of smells like methamphetamine, but I guess a dog could distinguish the difference. But would it be close enough for them to hit on it. I mean you use some of the same chemicals in each.....who knows, I don't want to test it out to see if it could:grin:

--------------------
I'm Looking for Vietnamese Pans :pm: For More Info

I LIVE IN MY OWN LITTLE WORLD, BUT IT'S OK...THEY KNOW ME HERE

InvisiblePolk_Audio3
Moon Cricket
Male User Gallery

Loc: Amsterdam
Re: drug dogs... [Re: WakeboardrB]
    #12464855 - 04/27/10 11:30 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Nope I had a crazy experience with the k9 unit the other day. not going to discuss it though lol

--------------------

OfflineSlavaslave
Howdy folks
Male User Gallery

Re: drug dogs... [Re: AntiEverything]
    #12464909 - 04/27/10 11:40 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

AntiEverything said:
yeh I would go as far as to bet that big metro areas like SF bay and Portland, the dogs could possibly be trained for that

in smaller areas though, its most likely that the dogs are mainly just trained set off an alert, regardless of if there are drugs in the car.

i got pulled over once with my brother + 1 friend, they immediately forced us out of the vehicle, WITHOUT question or reason. sat us on the curb, and we waited for a drug dog to come out.

the drug dog came, sniffed around our car, alerted the cops that there was in fact pot in the car, they tore apart the entire fucking car, didn't even find a stem or seed, or a crumb.

we were free to go, not much communication between us and the cops honestly, more like a nice "hey fuck you im searching you based off nothing whatsoever and if you dont like it, then fuck you"

they were being HUGE dicks, had NO patience for us even slightly. not sure what the fuck was up with it but it was fucked.

ive heard of cops training dogs to tip off on command...

also you gotta realize that they have no probable cause and cannot search you without asking first... i'd of made one hell of a huge deal over that shit with the city... you could get some money i think

--------------------

OfflineAntiEverything
im not a doctor
Male

#12464949 - 04/27/10 11:46 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

oh believe me, we all 3 contested.

we said "we are envoking our rights and aren't allowing you to search the car"

their response, "get the FUCK out of the car, right now, or all of you will be charged with obstruction of justice, now sit all three asses down on the curb, and shut the fuck up"

"you cant do that you have no warrant"

"hahahaha, you think we need a warrant? hahahaha"
"*high-fives cop buddies*"

im not even joking, literally what happened, there were 4 cop cars on the scene, probably 5-6 cops total, for a simple car search?

they were probably trying to fry some big fish they THOUGHT was us, we werent doing anything wrong, at all. odd.

--------------------
You are at once
both
the quiet
and
the confusion
of my heart.
-Franz Kafka

OfflineSlavaslave
Howdy folks
Male User Gallery

#12466037 - 04/27/10 02:26 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

AntiEverything said:
oh believe me, we all 3 contested.

we said "we are envoking our rights and aren't allowing you to search the car"

their response, "get the FUCK out of the car, right now, or all of you will be charged with obstruction of justice, now sit all three asses down on the curb, and shut the fuck up"

"you cant do that you have no warrant"

"hahahaha, you think we need a warrant? hahahaha"
"*high-fives cop buddies*"

im not even joking, literally what happened, there were 4 cop cars on the scene, probably 5-6 cops total, for a simple car search?

they were probably trying to fry some big fish they THOUGHT was us, we werent doing anything wrong, at all. odd.

they dont technically need a warrant to search your car, but if it didnt smell like weed, and even if they dog signaled, they didnt FIND anything... i'd take that shit straight to court

--------------------

OfflineAntiEverything
im not a doctor
Male

#12466202 - 04/27/10 02:48 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

i know for a fact that it didn't smell like weed becuase there was no weed in the car, and no weed had been smoked in that car in probably over a week.....we weren't even high or on drugs when it occured, we were 100% sober. no drugs had entered any of our systems for at least 24 hours prior to the search. we didn't even have pot in our possession at home or anything, we were totally dry, totally innocent.

--------------------
You are at once
both
the quiet
and
the confusion
of my heart.
-Franz Kafka

Offlinecolemantallent
Back after ten years!
Male User Gallery

#12466251 - 04/27/10 02:53 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

If you don't want a dog to alert, you should not smoke weed in your car at all.  I could smell that.

OfflineAntiEverything
im not a doctor
Male

Re: drug dogs... [Re: colemantallent]
    #12466453 - 04/27/10 03:20 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

uh

no, you couldn't.

there was NO pot smell emanating from that car, we were 100% sober and would be able to distinguish pot smoke/pot smell coming from our car, it was 100% devoid of any funky smell at alll

--------------------
You are at once
both
the quiet
and
the confusion
of my heart.
-Franz Kafka

OfflineGarage_Dragon
Stranger
 User Gallery

#12466507 - 04/27/10 03:27 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

When I did my internet research on dogs, I found a quote that their sense of smell was on the order of 1 million times more sensitive than a human's.  I don't know if this is true or not, but I know that a dog's sense of smell is almost like a superpower.

I once thought that I could make a shitload of cash training German Shepard's in the same manner as police dogs.  I would then bring them to South America and sell them to the drug lords who could use them to dog-proof their own smuggling operations.

There's got to be good money in that.

--------------------
Disclaimer: Everything I say is a lie.  I only talk about manufacturing and distributing drugs as a way to impress strangers on the Internet.  The thoughts and statements made above are a complete fabrication and are not grounds to issue a search warrant or conduct a search without my consent.

Offline5meow
B.E.L.

Loc: Gulf Coast
    #12466555 - 04/27/10 03:32 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Slavaslave said:

they dont technically need a warrant to search your car, but if it didnt smell like weed, and even if they dog signaled, they didnt FIND anything... i'd take that shit straight to court

good luck with that one. all cops need is probable cause..i was with two friends in a black part of town and we got pulled over because of that. they didn't have to call the dogs out because my buds cousin was dumb enough to throw a sac in the backseat where i was sitting without even giving me a heads up.

my advice, know your rights. they can only hold you for up to 15 mins after being stoped. if they don't have a warrent by then you're free to go. so don't be a jackass and try to bluff the police by giving them permission to search your car. i guarentee you they will.

--------------------

turn on, tune in and drop out

Invisiblepwnasaurus
Stranger
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: drug dogs... [Re: 5meow]
    #12466680 - 04/27/10 03:50 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I'm almost positive you can be held for 24 hours without a charge.

Offlinelearningtofly
Ancient Aliens
Male

Loc: Out of this world
Re: drug dogs... [Re: pwnasaurus]
    #12466940 - 04/27/10 04:23 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

You have way less rights in an automobile than in your home.

You don't need a warrant to search a car.

Cops are trained to do take the constitution to the limits, and in fact are given crash courses on what they can and cannot do.

the best thing you can do is not consent to anything and if they fuck with you, don't retaliate, just take it up in court.

--------------------

Edited by learningtofly (04/27/10 04:24 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order