Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinehana
Stranger
Do I need an Maoi to trip with powdered inner mimosa root bark?
    #12460792 - 04/26/10 04:28 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I reccently bought 25g of powdered Mimosa H. It is inner root bark. Do I need Syrian rue or Caapi like other people have done? I can't order products online at the moment, and I have never liked the idea of giving my credit card info to a website.

So would it be possible to trip just on the powdered bark?

if not, since Syrian rue is a MAOI, would I be able to injest a food or drink that is listed as a maoi, like coffee or an energy drink?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinecolimon
DingoDogBoy
Male

Re: Do I need an Maoi to trip with powdered inner mimosa root bark? [Re: hana]
    #12460808 - 04/26/10 04:31 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Yes, to orally activate DMT, you'll need an MAOI inhibitor. Some medications and things can be an alternative to the bark or seeds. Good luck on your journey my friend!

--------------------
I believe with the advent of acid we discovered new way to think and it had to
do with piecing together new thoughts of mind. Why is it that people think it's
so evil? What is it about it that there is scares people so deeply? Because
they are afraid that there is more to reality than they have ever confronted.
That there are doors that they're afraid to go in and they don't want us to go
in there either because if we go in, there we might learn something that they
don't know. And that makes us a little out of their control.

Offlineblackstatis
sycoknot

#12460816 - 04/26/10 04:32 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

you do need an maoi.  syrian rue is ok, i've read that caapi is the best though.  and you can just trip off an maoi.  search mimosa ayauasca recipes. 

coffee will not work, not strong enough. 

also be sure to search for what you shouldn't eat the day before and after ingesting an maoi.  some foods will kill you otherwise.

Offlinehana
Stranger

Re: Do I need an Maoi to trip with powdered inner mimosa root bark? [Re: blackstatis]
    #12460874 - 04/26/10 04:41 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I dont know where I can get caapi, and the only place that I know of to buy Syrian rue is way downtown.

I have heard that antihistimines (allergy meds, like benadryl) are also MAOI's. would this one work?

I know I most likely sound stupid right now, but I am trying to find a way around traveling downtown

Offlinecolimon
DingoDogBoy
Male

#12460887 - 04/26/10 04:43 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Some anti-depressants are MAOIs too. Just do some googling on that one. And yes, take the advice above, you can get pretty damn sick if you mix certain foods and meds with an ayahuasca brew.

--------------------
I believe with the advent of acid we discovered new way to think and it had to
do with piecing together new thoughts of mind. Why is it that people think it's
so evil? What is it about it that there is scares people so deeply? Because
they are afraid that there is more to reality than they have ever confronted.
That there are doors that they're afraid to go in and they don't want us to go
in there either because if we go in, there we might learn something that they
don't know. And that makes us a little out of their control.

InvisibleShea25
Just some guy
Male

Loc: Westcoast Canada Flag
    #12460912 - 04/26/10 04:48 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Actually with caapi or Syrian Rue its the haramline you want which is not a MAOI but a RIMA(Reversible inhibitor of monoamine oxidase A) which is alot alot safer and does not require a strict diet. Its mixing them with other medications that is really dangerous 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RIMA

Edited by Shea25 (04/26/10 04:49 PM)

InvisibleReoSpeedwagon153
Male User Gallery

Loc: Chetumal, Mexico
Re: Do I need an Maoi to trip with powdered inner mimosa root bark? [Re: Shea25]
    #12460956 - 04/26/10 04:54 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Rumour has it that 25g mimosa extracted with cold/room temperature water is orally active without MAOI.

Anyone?

--------------------
“I thought naming myself ‘ReoSpeedwagon153’ on a forum was a funny idea in 2006.”

OfflineNature Boy
Stranger than most
Male User Gallery

Loc: Samsara
Re: Do I need an Maoi to trip with powdered inner mimosa root bark? [Re: ReoSpeedwagon153]
    #12461051 - 04/26/10 05:06 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Even if it was (which I strongly doubt), why would you?  Syrian rue is CHEAP, and 25 grams of MHRB is enough for three 8 gram oral experiences with full MAOI inhibition.

That having been said...I hate rue.  Tastes awful.  BUT, you can extract the alkaloids and circumvent that problem.  Rue is by far the most commonly available, cheap, safe and effective choice.

Caapi will likely provide you with a much better experience.  It is widely available on-line.  I recommend you seek out the caapi and patiently await its arrival.  While you wait, get over to the DMT-nexus and LEARN something about what you are doing and what to expect.

:2cents:

N.B.

--------------------
All submitted posts under this user name are works of pure fiction or outright lies.  Any information, statement, or assertion contained therein should be considered pure unadulterated bullshit.  Note well:  Sorry, but I do not answer PM's unless you are a long-time trusted friend.  If you have a question, ask it in the appropriate thread.

Offlinehana
Stranger

Re: Do I need an Maoi to trip with powdered inner mimosa root bark? [Re: Nature Boy]
    #12461082 - 04/26/10 05:11 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Does the rue have to be in plant form, or can the seeds of syrian rue be consumed instead?

InvisibleShea25
Just some guy
Male

Loc: Westcoast Canada Flag
    #12461086 - 04/26/10 05:13 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

seeds

OfflineNature Boy
Stranger than most
Male User Gallery

#12461387 - 04/26/10 06:10 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

hana said:
Does the rue have to be in plant form, or can the seeds of syrian rue be consumed instead?

:facepalm:  UTFSE and PLEASE, educate yourself.  Don't expect us to spoon feed you.  Hint:  Google, Erowid, Nexus.

N.B.

--------------------
All submitted posts under this user name are works of pure fiction or outright lies.  Any information, statement, or assertion contained therein should be considered pure unadulterated bullshit.  Note well:  Sorry, but I do not answer PM's unless you are a long-time trusted friend.  If you have a question, ask it in the appropriate thread.

InvisibleReoSpeedwagon153
Male User Gallery

Loc: Chetumal, Mexico
Re: Do I need an Maoi to trip with powdered inner mimosa root bark? [Re: Nature Boy]
    #12462234 - 04/26/10 09:23 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah, seriously.

On the subject of mimosa's oral activity, it would be another alkaloid besides DMT causing the activity or possibly a chemical in mimosa that potentiates the DMT. This could be a very interesting experience, as it would probably be quite different than mimosa with caapi or rue.

Also, it supposedly doesn't last as long. :shrug:

Maybe a bit more like smoked DMT extracted from mimosa - having only the voice of mimosa without any other plant teachers.

Plus it is an easy answer to all these dumbass questions, without having to dole out warning after dire warning about the contraindications of MAOIs. Just shred up 25g in some room temp water and drink the tea.

I would try it and report back, but alas I am a pussy. I will get around to it eventually though. :thumbup:

--------------------
“I thought naming myself ‘ReoSpeedwagon153’ on a forum was a funny idea in 2006.”

OfflinetheMallacht
Clandestine Hero

#12462609 - 04/26/10 10:44 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Nature Boy said:
Quote:

hana said:

:facepalm:  UTFSE and PLEASE, educate yourself.  Don't expect us to spoon feed you.  Hint:  Google, Erowid, Nexus.

N.B.

:billymaythumbup:

Also, Nature Boy... I like that your location says "Samsara" ... I wonder how many people on here actually realize what you're saying by that...

--------------------

OfflineEnjoywho
Rags to Bitches
Male User Gallery

Re: Do I need an Maoi to trip with powdered inner mimosa root bark? [Re: theMallacht]
    #12462654 - 04/26/10 10:52 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Rue seeds online are like 2-3 bucks an ounce. Why waste an ounce of mhrb on something that might not even work. I've heard it takes 50g plus to trip without a maoi.

--------------------
"I don't give nothin' to nobody, I just pay the cost to do business." - Riley "Young Reezy"-Boondocks

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

"In the days of kings and queens I was a jester."

"And then the great lord created bears... too many bears... shoulda really dialed back on the bears." Squidbillies

"Can you start speaking words instead of your damn filthy lies!"- Louise "Bobs Burgers"

InvisibleJanamil

Re: Do I need an Maoi to trip with powdered inner mimosa root bark? [Re: colimon]
    #12462852 - 04/26/10 11:30 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

colimon said:
Some anti-depressants are MAOIs too. Just do some googling on that one. And yes, take the advice above, you can get pretty damn sick if you mix certain foods and meds with an ayahuasca brew.

you dont really get sick, you just go into a hypertensive crysis. Its fucking horrible though, I accidently ate some cheese (was REALLY stoned) and smoked some syrian rue before a mushroom trip. My breathing became very shallow, my heart sped up.. horrible fucking body high. I guess thats just what to much neuorproneferian does but seriously be much more carefull then I did. I only had a tiny bit.. I had like two slices of cheese, but it seriously could of killed me if I took anymore. I didnt feel it was enough to call an ambulance though, it was just really uncomfortable like a prolonged anxiety attack. Probably one of the worst ways to die.

OfflineNature Boy
Stranger than most
Male User Gallery

Re: Do I need an Maoi to trip with powdered inner mimosa root bark? [Re: theMallacht]
    #12463744 - 04/27/10 05:55 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

themallacht said:
Also, Nature Boy... I like that your location says "Samsara" ... I wonder how many people on here actually realize what you're saying by that...

Thanks for noticing.  Not sure how many persons get the reference, but I'm glad YOU did.  :grin:

Trying my darnedest to escape!  :psychsplit:

Best, N.B.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals