Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemajora
Beginning Enthusiast

Loc: TX
MHRB Cold Water Extraction
    #12068606 - 02/20/10 11:04 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Background
Alright if you have been following my exploits (doubtful) you know that I have had poor luck with DMT. My first extraction a STB was not very successful (56g yeilded <200mg spice). Practice makes perfect, and I now have more spice than I know what to do with, as well as a sizeable amount of powdered MHRB.

My inability to consume DMT through vaporization (results in involuntary vomiting Oo) is forcing me to seek other methods. I take ssri, offlabel for digestive issues, and it works WONDERS- I have no desire to quit taking it, therefore MAOI and "pharmahuasca" are a no-go.

Mimosa Hostilis Root Bark Cold Water Extraction
aka. Jurema

Preparation varies but is usually between 20g and 40g of MHRB (powdered). The powder is mixed with 125ml cold water, shaken well and left in the fridge overnight in an airtight container. The resulting sludge is strained through a coffeefilter, and the procedure is dont a second time. The resulting 250ml of jurema is active without the additional use of an MAOI according to the interwebs (which can never lie)

The reason apparently given is that the rootbark actually contains its own MAOI which is broken down if heated. Wikipedia says that:

"To date no β-carbolines such as harmala alkaloids have been detected in Mimosa tenuiflora decoctions, yet the root bark is consistently used without added MAOI."
source

If not an MAOI- perhaps the culprit is the much speculated about Yuremamine:

"As a pure compound, yuremamine is a purple amorphous solid. It represents an entirely new family of indole derivatives. It is interesting to note that this compound contains N,N-dimethyltryptamine within its molecular structure. Perhaps yuremamine acts as an MAOI, being metabolically protected itself through intra-molecular hydrogen bonding of its tertiary amine, or perhaps yuremamine acts as a prodrug and releases DMT closer to its site of action."
wiki
original abstract

I have found many links to recipes and forum threads about this, but no real conclusive successful experiences or trip reports from it. My question is two fold...

1) Is Jurema (cold water extracted MHRB) safe to mix with ssri's?
2) Has anyone personally experienced a jurema trip and would like to share?

Edited by majora (02/20/10 11:09 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemajora
Beginning Enthusiast

Loc: TX
Re: MHRB Cold Water Extraction [Re: majora]
    #12068698 - 02/20/10 11:19 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Trip Reports I Found
Erowid - 40g - Light trip
Erowid - 20g - No trip
Mycotopia - Various - One "light" trip, several "I know a guy", several "no trips"

OfflineEnjoywho
Rags to Bitches
Male User Gallery

Re: MHRB Cold Water Extraction [Re: majora]
    #12069320 - 02/21/10 02:26 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

The colors in that mask are wonderful.

--------------------
"I don't give nothin' to nobody, I just pay the cost to do business." - Riley "Young Reezy"-Boondocks

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

"In the days of kings and queens I was a jester."

"And then the great lord created bears... too many bears... shoulda really dialed back on the bears." Squidbillies

"Can you start speaking words instead of your damn filthy lies!"- Louise "Bobs Burgers"

Offlinearekusu
Stranger than You
Male

Re: MHRB Cold Water Extraction [Re: Enjoywho]
    #12069358 - 02/21/10 02:46 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Just get some Caapi or syrian rue. Syrian Rue is really cheap and you can use it to potentiate the fuck out of weed, shrooms and acid.

--------------------
Moodion said:
There's only one way to answer that frustrating question of "what was it like?".

You hand the fucker The Machine packed with an 80mg dose and wave goodbye.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder