Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineNuggetpouch
Male

this is how drugs can cure anxiety
    #11599881 - 12/06/09 10:34 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

use drugs that actually induce state of anxiety (obviously not in extreme cases where this could be potentially dangerous)

anyways, someone with moderate anxiety smokes a 'high-anxiety' strain of THC right... so every day they smoke the drug instead of masking the symptoms it causes the person to come face to face with the demons that are responsible... in eventually conquering these demons and moderating your own cognition and behavior you will eventually come to conquer the disorder without masking the symptoms...

no idea is a new idea, but i felt like sharing this because it seems far more obvious and useful in the long run in 'treating symptoms' by having doctors doping their patients up for the rest of their natural lives.... thats the current plan????

--------------------
My statistical assumption is that chemical tapering should begin when the rate of visiting ODD exceeds the rate of visiting Pub, or any other Shroomery forum.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblefloydisgod
whoa
Male User Gallery

Loc: satur9 Flag
Re: this is how drugs can cure anxiety [Re: Nuggetpouch]
    #11599990 - 12/06/09 10:52 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

think it could work? i cant smoke weed anymore cause i get so damned anxious.. especially in public

--------------------
Fearlessly the idiot faced the crowd
Smiling

Invisiblethe human abstract
malaka the werewolf
Male User Gallery

Re: this is how drugs can cure anxiety [Re: floydisgod]
    #11600014 - 12/06/09 10:57 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

floydisgod said:
think it could work? i cant smoke weed anymore cause i get so damned anxious.. especially in public

imagine if it were legal tho.. thats the whole reason that the stereo type drug user is paraniod.. its bc hes forced to do it in a paraniod atmosphere..

and i totally agree Nuggetpouch.. i see shadows when im on high doses of amphetamines but i force myself not to see them and now im not scared.. i didnt do drugs for months after my first encounter with these hooded shadows but now theyre almost a confort when im on amps.. its like my body guards that no one else can see

--------------------
★★

malaka the werewolf
Male User Gallery

Re: this is how drugs can cure anxiety [Re: the human abstract]
    #11600025 - 12/06/09 10:59 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

and im on them now and if i try to see them i can.. but if i dont then theyre not there..

just like being anxious.  if you try to not be you will be but if you realize its a part of you and accept that, youre good to go

:wink:

--------------------
★★

OfflineWakeboardrB
Pepe Silvia
Male

#11600034 - 12/06/09 11:02 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

--------------------
Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box.

OfflineKickleM
Wanderer
 User Gallery

Re: this is how drugs can cure anxiety [Re: floydisgod]
    #11600036 - 12/06/09 11:02 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Psychologists utilize the underlying principle you're attempting to describe.
Systematic desensitization - expose an individual to a stimulus that invokes anxiety.
Start small and develop coping mechanisms (e.g. breathing exercises)
Once the stimulus that invokes a small anxiety response no longer induces any anxiety at all, you move forward.

An example for a specific phobia would be:
thinking of a spider
picture of a spider
spider in the room (in a case or cage)
letting the spider crawl on you

Each time you expose the stimulus long enough so that it no longer induces the anxiety response.

There is also the method of flooding, wherein you jump straight to letting a spider crawl on you. The idea being that if you can handle the most intense anxiety stimulus and learn to cope with it, you can easily cope with the rest.

Developing the hierarchy definitely works better, but sometimes people are in a pinch (I.e. businessmen who are dreadfully afraid of flying. Well, it's time to fly, and you're still scared -- here's some coping techniques, hop on that plane and flood yourself!

--------------------
Why shouldn't the truth be stranger than fiction?
Fiction, after all, has to make sense. -- Mark Twain

Invisiblenowwhoutthink
maybe im dreaming
 User Gallery

Loc: 805 Saint Cloud Road Mars
Re: this is how drugs can cure anxiety [Re: Kickle]
    #11600046 - 12/06/09 11:04 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

or just smoke a heavy ass indica and knock yourself out..

--------------------

OfflineAleph1
Dasein

#11600061 - 12/06/09 11:08 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

the human abstract said:
Quote:

floydisgod said:

imagine if it were legal tho.. thats the whole reason that the stereo type drug user is paraniod.. its bc hes forced to do it in a paraniod atmosphere..

and i totally agree Nuggetpouch.. i see shadows when im on high doses of amphetamines but i force myself not to see them and now im not scared.. i didnt do drugs for months after my first encounter with these hooded shadows but now theyre almost a confort when im on amps.. its like my body guards that no one else can see

I don't think its fair to say paranoia is entirely the result of marijuana's prohibited status

--------------------
Who you jivin' with that cosmic debris?

malaka the werewolf
Male User Gallery

Re: this is how drugs can cure anxiety [Re: Kickle]
    #11600073 - 12/06/09 11:11 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Kickle said:
Psychologists utilize the underlying principle you're attempting to describe.
Systematic desensitization - expose an individual to a stimulus that invokes anxiety.
Start small and develop coping mechanisms (e.g. breathing exercises)
Once the stimulus that invokes a small anxiety response no longer induces any anxiety at all, you move forward.

An example for a specific phobia would be:
thinking of a spider
picture of a spider
spider in the room (in a case or cage)
letting the spider crawl on you

Each time you expose the stimulus long enough so that it no longer induces the anxiety response.

There is also the method of flooding, wherein you jump straight to letting a spider crawl on you. The idea being that if you can handle the most intense anxiety stimulus and learn to cope with it, you can easily cope with the rest.

Developing the hierarchy definitely works better, but sometimes people are in a pinch (I.e. businessmen who are dreadfully afraid of flying. Well, it's time to fly, and you're still scared -- here's some coping techniques, hop on that plane and flood yourself!

breathing exercises are perfect..

great post

--------------------
★★

OfflineAlmond Flour
...get off my lawn!
Male

Re: this is how drugs can cure anxiety [Re: nowwhoutthink]
    #11600076 - 12/06/09 11:12 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Im gonna take the biological standpoint. What medications are you on? Whats your diet like? These factors will influence your weed high if you are already prone to anxiety.

Eat healthy, If you can avoid it....dont take prescription drugs (especially recreational use), and learn to relax in your sober mindset (because thats whats gonna be amplified when your high

--------------------
Hippies and Liberals love Pope Francis, so why dont I quote him for you guys. "There is NO SALVATION outside the Catholic Church" :morningtoke:

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

#11600126 - 12/06/09 11:21 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Nuggetpouch said:
anyways, someone with moderate anxiety smokes a 'high-anxiety' strain of THC right... so every day they smoke the drug instead of masking the symptoms it causes the person to come face to face with the demons that are responsible... in eventually conquering these demons and moderating your own cognition and behavior you will eventually come to conquer the disorder without masking the symptoms...

OR the constant use of a high-anxiety strain of marijuana induces worse and worse anxiety until the participant starts getting panic attacks while sober.  Sometimes more dr00gz just exacerbates the problem.

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

malaka the werewolf
Male User Gallery

Re: this is how drugs can cure anxiety [Re: deCypher]
    #11600158 - 12/06/09 11:27 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

deCypher said:
Quote:

Nuggetpouch said:

OR the constant use of a high-anxiety strain of marijuana induces worse and worse anxiety until the participant starts getting panic attacks while sober.  Sometimes more dr00gz just exacerbates the problem.

street pot has poison in it

--------------------
★★

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

#11600165 - 12/06/09 11:28 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Unlaced weed can still cause rampant anxiety.  :shrug:

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Offlineigwna
The Cap'n
Male

Loc: New England, USA
    #11600182 - 12/06/09 11:30 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

deCypher said:
Quote:

Nuggetpouch said:

:thumbup:

we need to realize that we know nothing

--------------------
I don't believe in cops, bosses, or politicians. Some call that anarchism. I call it having a fucking heart that beats.

OfflineNuggetpouch
Male

#11600203 - 12/06/09 11:33 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Herbal said:
Im gonna take the biological standpoint. What medications are you on? Whats your diet like? These factors will influence your weed high if you are already prone to anxiety.

Eat healthy, If you can avoid it....dont take prescription drugs (especially recreational use), and learn to relax in your sober mindset (because thats whats gonna be amplified when your high

good advice and that goes hand in hand, but the cognitive part still plays a huge role

someone made a great post that sounded a lot like cognitive behavioral therapy :congrats: i think we should move more towards this branch of thinking and away from the pharmaceutical "treat the symptoms" approach we have right now that is playing into wallets of pill-pushing monsters $$

Quote:

deCypher said:

true which is why i said rare cases excluded in the original post... i guess using this method you would be taking journals and closely analyzing your reaction and improvement in dealing with the anxiety, if the symptoms become exacerbated in a non-anxious state you would stop using the drug...

i guess in a way this idea is just as radical and risky as treating the symptoms with drugs, i just think it sounds like more of a permanent solution and like less of a temporary crutch.

ya dig?

--------------------
My statistical assumption is that chemical tapering should begin when the rate of visiting ODD exceeds the rate of visiting Pub, or any other Shroomery forum.

Invisiblepong
kretan
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: west coast
    #11600230 - 12/06/09 11:38 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Nuggetpouch said:
use drugs that actually induce state of anxiety (obviously not in extreme cases where this could be potentially dangerous)

no idea is a new idea, but i felt like sharing this because it seems far more obvious and useful in the long run in 'treating symptoms' by having doctors doping their patients up for the rest of their natural lives.... thats the current plan????

i would agree with you..... but you must accept the possibility that this persons mind is sick and the demons of anxiety are not the true demons at the root of the problem.

i fear that this type of approach would not help someone with deep issues.

peace.

--------------------

OfflineNuggetpouch
Male

Re: this is how drugs can cure anxiety [Re: pong]
    #11600263 - 12/06/09 11:46 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

i would not call their minds sick, i would say that anything should be approached as possible aid in getting to the bottom of this problem...

but yes this might not work for some, obviously this idea was just kind of thrown out there... it would take quite some time to see if pros outweigh the cons and if fate is worth being tempted

--------------------

Edited by Nuggetpouch (12/06/09 11:49 PM)

Invisiblenowwhoutthink
maybe im dreaming
 User Gallery

Loc: 805 Saint Cloud Road Mars
    #11600280 - 12/06/09 11:49 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

street pot has poison in it

know your source.

--------------------

Offlinedkamp18
The Real World

Re: this is how drugs can cure anxiety [Re: pong]
    #11600281 - 12/06/09 11:49 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

in many cases true anxiety is simply your "subconscious" trying to let you know that something is not right, whether it be in your life or otherwise, and the "anxious" response is simply trying to let you know.

the biggest solutions of my own anxiety and many that i have known to be anxious personalities is to simply focus on the "source" of the anxiety and change/fix it.

the only spot that any drugs would truly have in treatment would be in bringing the actual anxiety source to the surface through introspective "meditation", hence the mdma trial therapy in the 80's and 90's for couples therapy, depression and...  anxiety

malaka the werewolf
Male User Gallery

Re: this is how drugs can cure anxiety [Re: dkamp18]
    #11600312 - 12/06/09 11:56 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

hell yeah mdma can work wonders!

its a special drug in my book tho so i never abuse it

ive seen it change too many people

--------------------
★★

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds