Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Anonymous #1

Lets figure out the cause of weed induced panic attacks (or whatever you want to call it)
    #11096873 - 09/20/09 08:11 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

i've found that i get anxious when i smoke weed and each time that happens, my stomach gets bloated.  i've begun studying Ayurveda and i think i figured out why I get anxious when i smoke weed and i want to share my thoughts in order to help other people who may be having the same problem. 

In ayurveda, VATA is a substance in our body made of air and ether.  there is Vata everywhere in the body, in the bones, the air dissolved in your blood, in the space where two neurons meet in your brain. 

when you smoke, it stimulates vata and my stomach gets bloated and full of air.  most people do not have this reaction, however, i already have a vata imbalance that gets worse when i smoke.  to my understanding this causes the anxiety too, i'm not sure exactly the process of how, but i know for a fact that vata imbalances (one manifestation of which is bloating) cause anxiety.

to fix this, i eat a tablespoon of Raw honey, and if thats not enough, 20 minutes later some hot tea with some turbinado sugar.  note that it's not a good idea to make yourself imbalanced on purpose... i had not smoked in a long time and thought maybe this time i wont get a panic attack. but once it happened i knew since i've been studying ayurveda lately... EAT! GOOD QUALITY raw honey (a company called REALLY RAW makes the best stuff i can find) to fix it.

the sugar gets rid of Vata, and you fart it all out and the anxiety disappears!  strange but beautifultrue

Vata imbalance is associated with increased anxiety in the ayurvedic literature and my own experience has confirmed it.  finally a medical science that makes sense to the layman, thus giving one the power to heal oneself

so, this whole weed/panic attack/vata imbalance thing can be avoided in the first place by preparing the plant in a different way.  This way was taught to me by a very spiritual friend who has done 6 years of intense Sadhana in India.  she did not mention it at the time, but i know now she was giving me specific advice based through her knowledge of ayurveda and/or personal experience.  here's a big warning though:  everybody's body is different, so what works for me might not work for you. be cautious.

Now, keep an open mind here, i didn't believe it at first but i've tried it, it works.

the effects are much more gentle and relaxed, and i've so far had no panic attacks.  it actually makes me less anxious than i am before i drink it.  its almost so that you don't notice your high, but it still helps with the depression, muscle stiffness, anxiety that i have.  and i was laughing out loud at the shroomery and stumbleupon earlier.  i feel upbeat and positive and aware.

process:  make the plant into small pieces with a grinder or otherwise.  put in tea bag (you can buy these at the healthfood store) get some water boiling like crazy, and make tea like you would any regular tea like chamomile or peppermint.  this releases just a little bit to get the effects i described above

boiling the itty bitty kitties in water for a few minutes releases more THC and makes it stronger, but i haven't tried that yet.  that method might cause more anxiety so have some honey ready if you decide to try

you probably are thinking that oil is needed.  it's not.  THC itself is an oil (think butane extractions, honey oil, the resin in your pipe, thats all oil).  if you make peppermint tea you will see little "islands" of oil floating on the top of the water, and this is what happens in ganja tea as well.  the heat in the water breakes open the trichomes. 
use just a pinch or so of plant matter.  maybe 1/8th of a gram.

you don't have to use a tea bag in this recipe, but if you use a tea bag the same material can be reused several times by boiling it in a pot for longer and longer periods of time until it no longer produces effect

rambling and not very pretty, but i got the info across.  i'm just not feeling so creative i guess.  let me know if this works for anyone.  i know alot of people are on weed breaks because of this, and i'm finding it an extremely valuable tool right now, and am gratefully passing this info on to those it may help

this all makes sense in that, i already had a vata imbalance, and still do.  so smoking it puts me into an extreme imbalance.  so that's why people can smoke for years and years and then slowly develop panic reactions.  they actually have been moving towards a vata imbalance for a while

:dancingbear:

important note: i'm just a beginner in ayurvedic knowledge, please do not worship any of this data.  i have had no formal schooling in ayurveda

Edited by Anonymous (09/20/09 08:58 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleChiefGreenLeaf
Re: Lets figure out the cause of weed induced panic attacks (or whatever you want to call it) [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #11102365 - 09/21/09 07:15 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

You sound like me before i had my awakaning.

Read this book.

Perfect Health by Deepak Chopra

This book changed my life.

You are on the right track, but you need to start seeing all the doshas giving rise to each other. Dont see each dosha as a seperate thing to balance, they are all just different aspects of the same thing.

In a sentence perfect health is achieved by...

...nourishment, rest, routine, moderation, daily exercise.

let me give u an analogy, think of your imbalance as a fire. you can throw more water on it but unless you stp mixing that water with gas the fire will  only get worse.

just read the book.

Invisibledr_gonz

. [Re: ChiefGreenLeaf]
    #11103552 - 09/21/09 10:19 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Loc: red panda village
Re: Lets figure out the cause of weed induced panic attacks (or whatever you want to call it) [Re: dr_gonz]
    #11103977 - 09/21/09 11:26 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

This thread is funny. :lol:

--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

InvisibleRationalEgo
Principium Individuationis

Loc: Boston
Re: Lets figure out the cause of weed induced panic attacks (or whatever you want to call it) [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #11108748 - 09/22/09 07:58 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

You know what they call alternative medicine that has been proven to work?

Medicine.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order