Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinejoe Biggs
Male

college (advice needed)
    #10799068 - 08/04/09 02:18 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

to edit a lengthy read, whats a good college that every undergrad isnt obsessed with alcohol. and i wont be the only kid avoiding the 'party scene' and indulging in large spectrum of psychedelic drugs.
been looking at this list a bit.
not too expensive.

thanks in advance.

--------------------

Edited by joe Biggs (09/10/09 02:46 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTrancedShroom
Mr. Hanky
Male User Gallery

Loc: Rippin Waves
Re: college (advice needed) [Re: joe Biggs]
    #10799155 - 08/04/09 02:31 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

UNC-asheville or App. State.

--------------------

InvisibleEverlong
King of the Neckbeards
Male

Loc: Poconos Flag
    #10799182 - 08/04/09 02:37 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Why don't you spend your money wisely and start with a community college, than transfer after two years?

2,000 a year sure beats 30,000. :shrug:

--------------------

Offlineeviscerated
drugbunny
Female

#10799194 - 08/04/09 02:40 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

UW-Madison.

Although it is regarded a "party school" by some, and there is definitely a large body of regular drinkers, this is mostly sectored in the people who are your average "college d00dz" and can be wholly avoided.  Madison is extremely hippie-friendly (hell, all of the Williamson-Marquette neighborhood is either neo-hippies or burned out deadheads) and it is a small-ish city with all the comforts of country living nearby -- Isthmus lakes Monona and Mendota, Devil's Lake State Park (cleanest lakewater I've seen in the US), lots of other nature-involved diversions.  And I suppose if you're into marijuana the scene is extremely tolerant (small personals decriminalized last summer, big NORML group, Madison Hempfest in fall.) 

Admissions are moderately tough, primarily because of the sheer number of applicants and the fact that also accept a large number of foreign applicants each year.

Out of state tuition is a bit steep at $22.270/yr unless you're a Minnesota resident.

Look into it though.  If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.  :tongue:

--------------------

Looking for: AUS, Cambo, F+, KSS, Lipa Yai, PE, PR, TEX, AF/TR or others  //  My strains: ARG, B+, HAW, Malay, MDK, SA, TAS, Yos(EQ), Z Strain(GT)

Offlinej0nnyb0y05
IBelieveInBelivin
Male

Loc: Going Going, Back Back to
Re: college (advice needed) [Re: eviscerated]
    #10799244 - 08/04/09 02:50 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

as of northern cali schools, I attend chico state, about 1.5 hours north of sacremento. Its pretty hippie friendly, but there are going to be alcoholics where ever you go.

for northern ca schools i would recommend looking into sonoma state, humboldt state, chico is definitely a sick school with lots of wilderness, just come visit.

--------------------
.....Healing Of People Everywhere.....

OfflineNeuron
Tek Savant
Male

Loc: @meriKa
Re: college (advice needed) [Re: Everlong]
    #10799487 - 08/04/09 03:41 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Everlong said:
Why don't you spend your money wisely and start with a community college, than transfer after two years?

2,000 a year sure beats 30,000. :shrug:

Excellent advice from Everlong....

I just graduated from a two year community college, and am beginning my third year at Cal Sate Long Beach this fall. Of course, you could easily as well transfer to a UC and by the time you transfer you'll have lived in California for two years(if you go to a california CC), and can dodge those nonresident fees.

Don't fall with the hype, go with community college first. If you're motivated enough, you'll do great, plus your GPA starts on a clean slate if you end up transferring to a UC.

--------------------

InvisibleEverlong
King of the Neckbeards
Male

Loc: Poconos Flag
Re: college (advice needed) [Re: Neuron]
    #10799517 - 08/04/09 03:45 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah, I started community college last spring after being out of school for about three years..

It just makes so much more sense. You pay less for the same classes. Also gives you more time to figure out where you want to be.

--------------------

Offlinejoe Biggs
Male

Re: college (advice needed) [Re: TrancedShroom]
    #10882339 - 08/18/09 12:13 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

TrancedShroom said:

Asheville is looking like a strong possibility
anything i should know about North Carlina or Asheville specifically before i spend four years of my life there?

--------------------

OfflineRebirtha
I really like bread
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: over there
    #10882366 - 08/18/09 12:17 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

joe Biggs said:
Quote:

TrancedShroom said:

Asheville is looking like a strong possibility
anything i should know about North Carlina or Asheville specifically before i spend four years of my life there?

I would highly recommend visiting any campus or town before deciding on a school. Asheville is a really cool town though. Lots of conscious people who smoke weed, outdoor sports, and beautiful scenery. I'm thinking of going to UNCA for their Mechatronics Engineering program in a year or so.

OfflineGreat Scott
Trigger Lover
Male User Gallery

Loc: Control Grid
    #10882373 - 08/18/09 12:18 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

College sucks
Take a year off

--------------------
:thumbup: :thumbdown:

InvisibleHELLA_TIGHT
Madge the Smoking Vag
Female User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Afghanistan Flag
Re: college (advice needed) [Re: j0nnyb0y05]
    #10882381 - 08/18/09 12:19 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

j0nnyb0y05 said:
as of northern cali schools, I attend chico state, about 1.5 hours north of sacremento. Its pretty hippie friendly, but there are going to be alcoholics where ever you go.

for northern ca schools i would recommend looking into sonoma state, humboldt state, chico is definitely a sick school with lots of wilderness, just come visit.

Hey me too, are you a Chico local?

--------------------

OfflineAlmond Flour
...get off my lawn!
Male

Re: college (advice needed) [Re: HELLA_TIGHT]
    #10882440 - 08/18/09 12:26 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Im in HUmboldt man finishing 1 more year at a community college called "College of the Redwoods", and then will transfer to HSU.

This place rules, If i ever have to leave i hope someone shoots me in my fucking skull. Im never leaving HUmboldt, EVER! :bowdown: The wilderness is amazing, pot is averaging $10 a gram, acid goes for $5 a hit, white people can wear dread locks, yesterday I went swimming at a river and got to cliff dive with naked Hippies, the small town stores are awesome, the headshops selections are amazing, the liberal Views are epic, and its rainy/cloudy allot! Even if it is sunny all you have to do is hike into a redwood forest and its tranquil/cool as ever :mushroom2:  I cant wait for the rain to really kick off and so my mushroom hunting Hobby can thrive!

FYI the community college im at is a pretty cool place, however they are having troubles with the state for some reason :tinfoil: I really hope they get their shit together

--------------------
Hippies and Liberals love Pope Francis, so why dont I quote him for you guys. "There is NO SALVATION outside the Catholic Church" :morningtoke:

Edited by Almond Flour (08/18/09 12:29 PM)

Offlinejoe Biggs
Male

Re: college (advice needed) [Re: Almond Flour]
    #11034464 - 09/10/09 02:03 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

any worthwhile colleges in the north east?

--------------------

OfflineNeuron
Tek Savant
Male

Loc: @meriKa
    #11034596 - 09/10/09 02:23 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

joe Biggs said:

Use this website called www.google.com and look up reviews/stats/websites, whatever the fuck- you'll prob get more accurate information than a drug forum.

--------------------

Offlinerodfarva
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=====-----=-=-=-=-I
Male

#11034958 - 09/10/09 03:25 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

i got to a school that works pretty well like this. There is not a big frat presence, about only %50 of students are traditional, the rest are older and more aware. Most people commute to my school, the decentralization makes people take extra steps to connect so you end up with smaller get to gathers with mostly people you care about.

There is also a college for art thats here and huge; so you get alot of alternative types with open minds.
Basically you should be able to measure if an university will meet your stated goals by comparing the ratio of students vs. number of  students residing at the school (#live at school/total)
The lower that number the less chance the campus is drowning in PBR.

Then look for a school with a well known art program or one associated heavily with humanities, urban intrests, or social work.

That should narrow the list down, then you gotta go see for urself.

--------------------

InvisibleDieCommie

#11035133 - 09/10/09 04:09 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

joe Biggs said:

Nope.

/sarcasm

Dude, some of the best colleges in the world are in the north east united states.

Offlinejoe Biggs
Male

Re: college (advice needed) [Re: DieCommie]
    #11035262 - 09/10/09 04:33 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

DieCommie said:

Nope.

/sarcasm

Dude, some of the best colleges in the world are in the north east united states.

one you could get into with a 1750 out of 2400 on the sats.
and that arent 40K a year?

i dont think so.

--------------------

Edited by joe Biggs (09/10/09 04:34 PM)

InvisibleDieCommie

#11035290 - 09/10/09 04:39 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Public schools are just fine man.  Go to community college and then hit up your local state university. 

The importance of what institution you got your education at falls off very quickly as you gain a few years experience.

Offlinenightshd
Stranger

Re: college (advice needed) [Re: eviscerated]
    #11035312 - 09/10/09 04:42 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

eviscerated said:
UW-Madison.

Although it is regarded a "party school" by some, and there is definitely a large body of regular drinkers, this is mostly sectored in the people who are your average "college d00dz" and can be wholly avoided.  Madison is extremely hippie-friendly (hell, all of the Williamson-Marquette neighborhood is either neo-hippies or burned out deadheads) and it is a small-ish city with all the comforts of country living nearby -- Isthmus lakes Monona and Mendota, Devil's Lake State Park (cleanest lakewater I've seen in the US), lots of other nature-involved diversions.  And I suppose if you're into marijuana the scene is extremely tolerant (small personals decriminalized last summer, big NORML group, Madison Hempfest in fall.) 

Admissions are moderately tough, primarily because of the sheer number of applicants and the fact that also accept a large number of foreign applicants each year.

Out of state tuition is a bit steep at $22.270/yr unless you're a Minnesota resident.

Look into it though.  If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.  :tongue:

seconded! madison is my home town, and very very hippie-friendly and also theres tons of psychedelics around. also some great weed :cool:

Invisibleiliekketamina
Stranger
Female
Loc: in the k hole
Re: college (advice needed) [Re: TrancedShroom]
    #11035377 - 09/10/09 04:54 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

TrancedShroom said:

UNCA is an amazing school.  We get (for the most part) very high calibre teachers, because they want to live in asheville.  Asheville is an amazing town, beautiful city and community.  The school is great and affordable in state 2k a semester tuition (although I actually get paid to go to school due to multiple scholarships.

I got accepted to much "better" schools, but chose to come here, and don't regret it at all.  Wonderful people, teachers, classes, beautiful campus, amazing city.

--------------------
[quote]Coaster said:
so i had a seizure at D-land on acid and i promised myself in the emergency room that i would never do acid again. but i fuckin love it so much im convincing myself to jus take lower doses. do u thnk ill seizure up again cuz las week i did shrooms and K and my muscles were twitchin like a seizure and i was afraid it was gonna happen again. would u do it again, riskin hospitolization or even death? [/quote]

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order