Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDutchbrewed
Metaphysical
 User Gallery

I am determined to acheive the impossible. *DELETED*
    #10697109 - 07/17/09 10:32 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Post deleted by Dutchbrewed

Reason for deletion: silly gov shenanigans

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinenastos
secret secretions
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: I am determined to acheive the impossible. [Re: Dutchbrewed]
    #10697119 - 07/17/09 10:34 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

do it you wont

--------------------
:shrug:

OfflineTheMushaman
Philosophical Wanderer
Male

Loc: Electric Ladyland
Re: I am determined to acheive the impossible. [Re: nastos]
    #10697132 - 07/17/09 10:38 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

They are difficult. I suggest you try growing cubensis and other species before jumping into this. I don't need to grow them, as they grow abundantly in the wild here and I have seen them with caps up to a foot in diameter. I don't eat them though, heard they arent very pleasent

--------------------
The messages and posts submitted by this user are purely hypothetical and intended for educational/entertainment purposes only. The above user does not advocate any illegal activities or substances. However, the user feels that proper education and awareness is needed in all aspects of life. This user is open to intelligent discourse and any variety of topics, but only for educational/research purposes and to expand the awareness of others. Freedom is a beautiful thing, but can only be obtained through elevated awareness. Simply put, free thy mind and thy ass shall surely follow.

OfflineEdgeChaos
Still a stranger

Re: I am determined to acheive the impossible. [Re: TheMushaman]
    #10697186 - 07/17/09 10:53 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Amanita muscaria cultivation in a lab environment has always been an impossibility due to the symbiotic mycorrhizal relationship of this mushroom to its host trees. But if one has the necessary host trees in their area, and resides in the proper temperate zone or elevation, try and simply take a few dried or fresh caps that are in sporination (fully flattened or upturning with longitudinal tears along the striations), crush them up thoroughly, and mix the crushings into the top soil. See if it will take. If one doesn't want to make the initial investment of the caps simply chop up the stems from sporinating specimens, which will naturally have collected some of the falling spores, and mix with the soil. Clark Heinrich states that he simply buries the stems under the proper host tree for cultivation, but then again he probably lives the the perfect environment. I would recommend that this be done in the Fall soon after the fruiting season or in early Spring so that the spores can receive their proper life cycle. My own observations (I've yet to actually learn this) of Amanita muscaria growth suggest that mycelia growth takes place primarily throughout the Spring and Summer months and is highly dependent on rain and soil moisture preceding the Fall fruiting. If the season is dry just water your mushroom garden every few days. A host tree in a large container that can be left outdoors year round may be a candidate for cultivation if one is in the right zone.

http://www.shroomery.org/8670/Amanita-Notes

:bow2: |the search bar|

OfflineDutchbrewed
Metaphysical
 User Gallery

#10697392 - 07/17/09 11:42 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Well in any case could I beg that you take a print and send it to me?

OfflineDutchbrewed
Metaphysical
 User Gallery

Re: I am determined to acheive the impossible. [Re: EdgeChaos]
    #10697409 - 07/17/09 11:45 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

thanks a lot for the useful information... I will definitely put it into effect

Offlinejingus

Loc: Oregon, U.S. Flag
    #10697418 - 07/17/09 11:48 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

what country/state?
i want to see how this goes

everyone hates on novel ideas of growing amanitas, but.. they DO grow naturally from spores that are just shot into the air.

--------------------

Offlinehammy
Me, Myself and I
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Greater Seattle Area
Re: I am determined to acheive the impossible. [Re: jingus]
    #10697513 - 07/18/09 12:11 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

This thread http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/10667610 from advanced mycology is from someone who just transplanted some amanitas. If I were you i would watch to see how that works and maybe follow his lead and compare notes. Maybe you guys can get something going for amanita cultivation. GL

It is definitely possible if you can get the proper hosts and create the proper climate.

--------------------
Back after an unwanted hiatus

Offlinemycolusician
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: I am determined to achieve the impossible. [Re: Dutchbrewed]
    #10697531 - 07/18/09 12:15 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

two things I've heard
1 the trip just ain't worth the pain/damage to the body

2 only GOD grows amanita muscaria

OfflineDutchbrewed
Metaphysical
 User Gallery

#10697609 - 07/18/09 12:34 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Oh man so much to reply to...

first off I live in Northern Colorado, which you may scoff at, but this year has been extremely tropical for Colorado, but this project would also be spread into other places geographically as well because I have many friends that are genius in their work.

Thank you so much for the link Hammy... I will be utilizing it very thoroughly. As far as furthering mycology, that is almost a dream.

I have had a very light Muscaria tea and it was simply heavenly. And this is, after all, the way Muscaria should be ingested if at all. As for the impossibility ratio, that just makes this so much more worth while

OfflineTheMushaman
Philosophical Wanderer
Male

#10697663 - 07/18/09 12:45 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Dutchbrewed said:
Oh man so much to reply to...

first off I live in Northern Colorado, which you may scoff at, but this year has been extremely tropical for Colorado, but this project would also be spread into other places geographically as well because I have many friends that are genius in their work.

Thank you so much for the link Hammy... I will be utilizing it very thoroughly. As far as furthering mycology, that is almost a dream.

I have had a very light Muscaria tea and it was simply heavenly. And this is, after all, the way Muscaria should be ingested if at all. As for the impossibility ratio, that just makes this so much more worth while

What are doing trying to grow them? They grow abundantly and huge here. I live in colorado, and I seem them growing like wildfire in the valleys of the rockies from about south park up. Go look for them!

--------------------
The messages and posts submitted by this user are purely hypothetical and intended for educational/entertainment purposes only. The above user does not advocate any illegal activities or substances. However, the user feels that proper education and awareness is needed in all aspects of life. This user is open to intelligent discourse and any variety of topics, but only for educational/research purposes and to expand the awareness of others. Freedom is a beautiful thing, but can only be obtained through elevated awareness. Simply put, free thy mind and thy ass shall surely follow.

OfflineDutchbrewed
Metaphysical
 User Gallery

#10697687 - 07/18/09 12:52 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

well You should throw me some trails that you have found some on my coloradan friend. I have been up to research lately and if I didn't get a print I was going to adventure and find my own. Nice to some Colorado love on here

OfflineTheMushaman
Philosophical Wanderer
Male

#10697700 - 07/18/09 12:59 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah man, colorado is a utopia.

They usually are much easier to find either during spring or fall. Pm me and i'll get you the names of some trails when I can. You will need a jeep or similar 4wd to get to some of them. Im taking a trip at the end of the month to an area that is ideal. If I find any thing this time of year I will take some prints for you.

--------------------

OfflineHumbled
Local Budtender
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #10697754 - 07/18/09 01:19 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I was gonna say I could throw a cap your way, but looks like you have found your home team.

Good luck to you-

--------------------
_-_--->My Trade List<---_-_

Offlinejingus

Re: I am determined to acheive the impossible. [Re: Humbled]
    #10697765 - 07/18/09 01:22 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

i envy colorado

oregon's good though

--------------------

OfflineTheMushaman
Philosophical Wanderer
Male

#10697775 - 07/18/09 01:25 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Do you get azures or cyans in oregon?

--------------------

OfflineDutchbrewed
Metaphysical
 User Gallery

#10697783 - 07/18/09 01:28 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

hey thanks for the love everybody... I feel all warm and juicy inside haha.

psilocelium = hero, but a little too late

Offlinejingus

#10697874 - 07/18/09 02:19 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Do you get azures or cyans in oregon?

yeah, you should see the list of species we get in oregon

most are more towards the coast, though.

all i care about are the kind in tubs though, really

--------------------

Offlinejingus

#10697878 - 07/18/09 02:20 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

in astoria oregon, cops are actually hired and paid to sit and hide in the bushes.

then once some 'criminals' walk by and pick up a mushroom, they GRAB them and charge them

from what i've heard

-oh and those are the azures, they're predominantly from astoria, oregon

--------------------

Edited by jingus (07/18/09 02:20 AM)

Invisiblemattianyb
~MYCOPHAGIA~

#10698162 - 07/18/09 06:07 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

dutch i support you 100%, you guys need to be more supportive to peoples ideas, its not gonna hurt if he tries, and he is determined. really friend good luck and let us know how it goes. and its not 100% impossible because i have read on people doing it outdoors using spores, just took a few seasons. though amanita's grow around my area a lot and i ate a little, just made me tired. my friend ate a lot and threw up for hours and slept for awhile, but after he said he felt great.

--------------------

[quote]Bretdaniel said:
Any idea's what they might be? Think any are eatable?[/quote]
:rofl2:

everything i post on this site is fake, i never partake in illegal activities.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale