Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineT20
Stranger
Breaking up Brown Rice flour cakes to spread like Rye seed????
    #10625854 - 07/05/09 05:00 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

When using brown rice flour in the mason jars.. can you (instead of leaving solid as cakes) break the cakes apart and spread along bottom of terrarium as you would with rye seed??  All I have is brown rice flour and would like to maximize my gains; it seems like this method would work better than leaving as cakes...

Thanks for the help

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleprismism
 User Gallery

Re: Breaking up Brown Rice flour cakes to spread like Rye seed???? [Re: T20]
    #10625893 - 07/05/09 05:07 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

you wont be maximizing anything unless you use the brf chunks as spawn.
just breaking them up and spreading them out wont make for a better yeild..even if you add a casing layer..because your not adding any nutrients.

--------------------
ephemeral anomalous

Offlinekaneabel
getting my feet wet
Male User Gallery

Loc: Central Indiana
Re: Breaking up Brown Rice flour cakes to spread like Rye seed???? [Re: prismism]
    #10625987 - 07/05/09 05:30 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

What is considered the better substrate to break the BRF cakes into?

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Breaking up Brown Rice flour cakes to spread like Rye seed???? [Re: kaneabel]
    #10625996 - 07/05/09 05:31 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Pasteurized manure or straw.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Invisibleprismism
 User Gallery

Re: Breaking up Brown Rice flour cakes to spread like Rye seed???? [Re: kaneabel]
    #10626010 - 07/05/09 05:34 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

pasteurized coir also.

--------------------
ephemeral anomalous

InvisibleAlexP
 User Gallery

Loc: Europe
Re: Breaking up Brown Rice flour cakes to spread like Rye seed???? [Re: prismism]
    #10626015 - 07/05/09 05:34 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

And bibles!

--------------------
"To feel today what one felt yesterday isn't to feel - it's to remember today what was felt yesterday, to be today's living corpse of what yesterday was lived and lost." Fernando Pessoa

"When one creates phantoms for oneself, one puts vampires into the world, and one must nourish these children of a voluntary nightmare with one's blood, one's life, one's intelligence, and one's reason, without ever satisfying them." Eliphas Levi

"The joy of life consists in the exercise of one's energies, continual growth, constant change, the enjoyment of every new experience. To stop means simply to die. The eternal mistake of mankind is to set up an attainable ideal." Aleister Crowley

"The Universe is an artistic catharsis." Artifex Infinitum

OfflineT20
Stranger
Re: Breaking up Brown Rice flour cakes to spread like Rye seed???? [Re: AlexP]
    #10627007 - 07/05/09 09:05 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

So if i broke the brf cakes into chunks and spread them out in the chamber... preparing the chamber as you would with the rye seed (providing the nutrients), would that work?? or would i just be better off using the cakes as they were meant??

InvisibleAlexP
 User Gallery

Loc: Europe
Re: Breaking up Brown Rice flour cakes to spread like Rye seed???? [Re: T20]
    #10627037 - 07/05/09 09:10 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Prismism said:
you wont be maximizing anything unless you use the brf chunks as spawn.
just breaking them up and spreading them out wont make for a better yeild..even if you add a casing layer..because your not adding any nutrients.

:thumbup:

--------------------
"To feel today what one felt yesterday isn't to feel - it's to remember today what was felt yesterday, to be today's living corpse of what yesterday was lived and lost." Fernando Pessoa

"When one creates phantoms for oneself, one puts vampires into the world, and one must nourish these children of a voluntary nightmare with one's blood, one's life, one's intelligence, and one's reason, without ever satisfying them." Eliphas Levi

"The joy of life consists in the exercise of one's energies, continual growth, constant change, the enjoyment of every new experience. To stop means simply to die. The eternal mistake of mankind is to set up an attainable ideal." Aleister Crowley

"The Universe is an artistic catharsis." Artifex Infinitum

InvisibleRonPaulVerm
Piss Christ
Male

Re: Breaking up Brown Rice flour cakes to spread like Rye seed???? [Re: AlexP]
    #10627550 - 07/05/09 11:19 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Sticking with cakes seems to be limiting in my eyes.
It's a good introduction, but so unnecessary unless your supplies are limited.
I too like the idea of using the cakes as spawn to tubs or something.
To each his own.

--------------------
Spawn I Have: Blewitt, Reishi, Maitake, Chicken of the Woods, Parasol, Shaggy Mane, King, Blue and Gold Oyster, Shiitake, King Stropharia, Lions Mane, Almond Portabello, Elm Oyster, Phoenix Oyster, Nameko, Enoki, White Beech,

Spawn I Want: Corcyceps Sp., Cauliflower Mushrooms, Agaricus species (Portobello), Pink Oyster, Piopinno, ...anything else you might have

Primitive Skills                                     

Any information I've posted is only related to fictional purposes. I do not advocate growing any illegal mushrooms 
...I DO advocate learning about
Law Enforcement Against Prohibition

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate