Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebleh
regretful noob
Male
Hi guys, new Shroomery member needs hallucinogen comparison advice
    #10507869 - 06/14/09 11:17 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Hi guys,

My only real experience with hallucinogens so far has been a mild salvia experience. I tried shrooms once but they must have been improperly handled (too much heat?), as they had no effect. I'm currently browsing www.arenaethnobotanicals.com and am considering ordering the following: (click on items for link)

Salvia Plant$40

1 Ounce of Amanita Muscaria Powder$14

15 Grams of Blue Lotus$12

What I need help with is determining how these different hallucinogens compare to each other, and to psilocybin mushrooms that I might be able to purchase locally.

1) Which of these hallucinogens would you recommend? Is there something else I should look at instead?

2) The amanita muscaria powder is only a third of what the high-grade caps cost on the same site. Should I get the A+ grade caps instead? I've got money to spend if the price difference is justifiable.

Thanks guys!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemockingbird
It Goes Round And Round

Loc: 0high0 Flag
Re: Hi guys, new Shroomery member needs hallucinogen comparison advice [Re: bleh]
    #10507881 - 06/14/09 11:20 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

just get some mushrooms

--------------------

Invisiblemofo
Hobby Jingoist

Loc: Donkey Kong Kill Screen
Re: Hi guys, new Shroomery member needs hallucinogen comparison advice [Re: mockingbird]
    #10507895 - 06/14/09 11:22 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

yeah, shrooms, or if you're going to order something off the net, get some Hawaiian Baby Woodrose Seeds

InvisibleCorrie
Alice in Vudervand
 User Gallery

Re: Hi guys, new Shroomery member needs hallucinogen comparison advice [Re: mockingbird]
    #10507918 - 06/14/09 11:26 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

And I'm guessing fly agarics don't count as mushrooms in your world....?

--------------------
Experimental Paradise

OfflineLSDreamer
Materialist
Male

Re: Hi guys, new Shroomery member needs hallucinogen comparison advice [Re: Corrie]
    #10507932 - 06/14/09 11:29 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Corrie said:

"Mushrooms" is slang for psilocybe mushrooms. If someone says mushrooms, assume they mean psilocybe unless otherwise indicated.

--------------------

Offlinebleh
regretful noob
Male
Re: Hi guys, new Shroomery member needs hallucinogen comparison advice [Re: Corrie]
    #10507940 - 06/14/09 11:31 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Corrie said:

They do...

I'm not sure what I said that was misleading, but sorry if I gave that impression. The only time I didn't specify (i think) was when I talked about my past failed attempt. That was with psilocybe mushrooms. I really do appreciate hearing everyone's advice!

Thanks!

OfflineTrippyMcShrooms
Stranger

Re: Hi guys, new Shroomery member needs hallucinogen comparison advice [Re: bleh]
    #10508137 - 06/15/09 12:14 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

my 2 cents...

salvia is interesting. something to experience for sure but is very intense.

lotus/damiana/lions tail mixed together is a nice relaxing blend (helps with anxiety gives stoney body high). lotus by itself is alright but nothing to write home about

aminitas... oh boy... I got some so called A+ caps and the only noticable effect was 'colon blow'. nothing psychadelic just massive case of .. well.. yea...

OfflineHyperSpace
Truth Warrior

Re: Hi guys, new Shroomery member needs hallucinogen comparison advice [Re: TrippyMcShrooms]
    #10508208 - 06/15/09 12:27 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

scratch the blue lotus.. no good really.. not hallucinogenic, nothing more then maybe relaxing if anything

Salvia is good, but very strange, make sure u read up on it before using

Amanita Muscaria can be hit or miss, more of a type of dreamy state

I would get the Salvia, some Hawaiian Baby Woodrose Seeds(mildly hallucinogenic, more dreamy/sedated), San Pedro Cuttings,  Banisteriopsis caapi + mimosa hostilis root bark (READ up about using caapi before dosing)  and maybe some nitrous oxide.

Those are about the only things you will find online legally that is hallucinogenic and worth doing.

--------------------
WANTED BY THE U.S. GOVERNMENT: THE LORD GOD ALMIGHTY.
CREATOR OF HEAVEN AND EARTH.
FOR THE CREATION AND CULTIVATION OF THE PLANT MARIJUANA ON THE PLANET EARTH.

GOD MADE IT.
MEN USE IT.
GOVERNMENTS PUT PEOPLE IN CAGES FOR IT.

Edited by HyperSpace (06/15/09 12:28 AM)

InvisibleDug a Sprogie
eeeeee
Male

Loc: California
Re: Hi guys, new Shroomery member needs hallucinogen comparison advice [Re: HyperSpace]
    #10508217 - 06/15/09 12:29 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Ayahuasca maybe?

InvisibleShad0w
In trouble again.
Male

Re: Hi guys, new Shroomery member needs hallucinogen comparison advice [Re: Dug a Sprogie]
    #10511021 - 06/15/09 02:02 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

You should just get some shrooms....

You will be happier.

But, HBWR or MG has LSA in it, San pedro cactus has mescaline in it, Ayahuasca plants ( B. caapi, M. hostilis )contain a MAOI and DMT.

Salvia.... some people like it , some people dont. I wouldnt bother with growing it unless you liked it first... Or if you just really like growing plants.

Best bet, buy some local shrooms.... if you like them, check out the sponsers and buy some spores...... it is ridiculous easy.

InvisibleBiG_StroOnZ
Male User Gallery

Re: Hi guys, new Shroomery member needs hallucinogen comparison advice [Re: Shad0w]
    #10511154 - 06/15/09 02:22 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Get some LSA (Hawaiian Baby Woodrose or Morning Glory seeds) off of BBB (Bouncing Bear Botanicals)

Do a cold water extraction.

Otherwise I would just go with an RC (something in the phenylethylamine family), a good introductory psychedelic is 2C-C because it has a similar mind space to Psilocybin cubensis (shrooms) but not forceful with the thoughts by any means. You can almost make the substance or trip go in any direction you want. It has a calming effect too. Nice visuals, color enhancement, euphoria and comfortable mind state.

Edited by BiG_StroOnZ (06/15/09 02:24 PM)

Offlinebleh
regretful noob
Male
Re: Hi guys, new Shroomery member needs hallucinogen comparison advice [Re: BiG_StroOnZ]
    #10511711 - 06/15/09 03:53 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Thank you guys. It sounds like I will finish off my salvia 10x that's on hand to determine whether to get the plant. I'm comparing Hawaiian Baby Woodrose Seeds and Morning Glory right now.

Do either of these have any (even small) negative effects on the body? I don't mean the high, I mean actual damage (like some drugs have on the liver, or ecstacy does on the brain). Even if the negative effects are negligable, please let me know what they are.

Thanks!
Bleh

Offlineprayformojo
Stranger
    #10511901 - 06/15/09 04:32 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

go find some LSD is my advice.

if you're set on obtaining your supplies online, i'd suggest san pedro cactus or ayahuasca materials (or you could extract freebase DMT from MHRB and vaporize it).  or try out some of the 2c's, like 2c-i or 2c-e.  but in my opinion, LSD is not only the best starting point but also the very best drug that there is, and it's worth the effort it takes to find.

as for bodily harm, LSD, mescaline, and ayahuasca/DMT are completely safe.  dunno about the 2c's, i think it's possible to OD on some of them but at normal doses they're safe.  hopefully someone with better knowledge can clarify on them.

InvisibleSwyfty Swyf
Shrugsy Shrugs

Loc: North Alabama
    #10511905 - 06/15/09 04:33 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I think they are as safe as anything else, when used responsibly.

But as with many drugs, there are risks involved.

Salvia is totally non-toxic, but I would guess it is possible that it could open underlying psychological problems.

When ibotenic acid from Amanita muscaria is injected into the brains of mice, it causes lesions.

That is not to say that it would cause lesions on the brain of an adult human, when taken in reasonable amounts.

--------------------
If you build it they will shrug.
:shrug:

Edited by Swyfty Swyf (06/15/09 04:39 PM)

Offlinebleh
regretful noob
Male
    #10511916 - 06/15/09 04:34 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

And I'll be exploring my possibilities of getting some proper psilocybe cubensis

Offlinebleh
regretful noob
Male
    #10511992 - 06/15/09 04:48 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks once again for the advice guys. I put my last post up not seeing the two most recent replies.

It looks like after all I may just be looking for psilocybin mushrooms. Salvia and MorningGlory/HBWS are not out of the question, but I'm not going to be ordering them at this point in time.

I really appreciate the help you guys have given me! thank you :smile:

InvisibleBiG_StroOnZ
Male User Gallery

#10512392 - 06/15/09 06:13 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

One more thing to note, you seem to have this misconception about MDMA (ecstasy). MDMA is perfectly safe when taking no more than once a month and it does not cause brain damage.

Offlineeligray
Stranger
Re: Hi guys, new Shroomery member needs hallucinogen comparison advice *DELETED* [Re: BiG_StroOnZ]
    #10620825 - 07/04/09 12:48 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Post deleted by eligray

Reason for deletion: .

InvisibleMnboardin
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Hi guys, new Shroomery member needs hallucinogen comparison advice [Re: eligray]
    #10620880 - 07/04/09 01:00 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Hawaiian Baby Woodrose seeds...  :thumbup:

--------------------
:hamletmonkey:

OfflineVisionary Tools
Male User Gallery

#10620904 - 07/04/09 01:04 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

bleh said:
Hi guys,

My only real experience with hallucinogens so far has been a mild salvia experience. I tried shrooms once but they must have been improperly handled (too much heat?), as they had no effect. I'm currently browsing www.arenaethnobotanicals.com and am considering ordering the following: (click on items for link)

Salvia Plant$40

1 Ounce of Amanita Muscaria Powder$14

15 Grams of Blue Lotus$12

What I need help with is determining how these different hallucinogens compare to each other, and to psilocybin mushrooms that I might be able to purchase locally.

1) Which of these hallucinogens would you recommend? Is there something else I should look at instead?

2) The amanita muscaria powder is only a third of what the high-grade caps cost on the same site. Should I get the A+ grade caps instead? I've got money to spend if the price difference is justifiable.

Thanks guys!

Fly agarics aren't really hallucinogenic. Interesting, pukey, fun, but not tripping balls.

Salvia is intense, but I wouldn't worry about smoking it. I have never, ever had a bad experience smoking it.

Personally I'd look into buying san pedro or peruvian torch, or growing your own mushrooms. In terms of fun/price, it's hard to beat cactus.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract