Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinepsychedelia56
Stranger
 User Gallery

Teen says drug use rampant at Edmonton underage party
    #10242128 - 04/27/09 11:18 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

This is one from the local newspaper. Prohibition is hitting close to home, that's for sure.

-----------------------------------------------

http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/Teen+says+drug+rampant+Edmonton+underage+party/1538458/story.html

Teen says drug use rampant at Edmonton underage party

By Elise Stolte and Laura Drake, The Edmonton JournalApril 27, 2009 9:34 AM

Cassandra Williams' body was dying, even as the 14-year-old lay in her hospital bed, hooked up to life support.

An overdose of ecstasy Friday night shocked her small body so badly that her heart stopped beating in the middle of a West Edmonton Mall underage party. Paramedics restarted it and raced her to the Stollery Children's Hospital, but it failed again soon after.

As she faded Saturday afternoon, a nurse turned off the visual monitor, and her mother sat quietly by her side.

Soon, a nurse said it was over.

"All I said was, 'I know,' " said Angie Eyre, her mother. "They didn't have to tell me. I could feel it.

"Her body took over. They let her go on her own, really."

Another 14-year-old girl who was at Friday night's Rock 'n' Ride party, a monthly youth event at Galaxyland amusement park, said drug use was rampant.

"Security just doesn't realize that pretty much everyone is on ecstasy," she said.

Most teens stuff the drug down their shirt or their pants so it isn't found when they enter. Many girls walk around sucking on soothers, a telltale sign of ecstasy use.

The girl said everyone her age who goes to the mall knows if they want to get ecstasy, the dealers hang out in front of Circuit Circus. And if they don't know, they can learn in five minutes.

"People would come up to you and say, 'Hey, do you want E' or you could go up to anybody -- anybody -- around the area and find out."

A West Edmonton Mall spokesman would not comment Sunday.

Although Cassie and her best friend both took the ecstasy pills Friday night, her friend woke up in hospital and was talking Saturday.

Her friend said they both took six pills.

Cassie's parents believe the pills were triple strength, information Cassie's older sister got from friends who know the 16-year-old alleged dealer.

Cassandra, or Cassie as her friends called her, was an independent-minded girl who was into pink and images of skulls.

She was the "eyeliner queen," said her mother, cradling a recent school photo Sunday evening. She brushed her thumb against her daughter's chin.

It was a reshoot. Cassie wasn't satisfied with the first, and Eyre stayed up late the day before to help paint the bottoms of Cassie's hair pink.

If Cassie called in sick for school, it was only because she slept in too late to properly straighten her hair, Eyre said, smiling.

And they talked about drugs. Just last week, Cassie told her mother she would never take them.

"What, are you crazy?" she told her mother. "All that stuff will wreck my complexion."

"Why she took it, we'll never know," Eyre said Sunday.

The suspect was arrested downtown Saturday afternoon.

He passed out during the arrest but was in stable condition that evening.

The recent deaths have left many teens freaked out, said a Leduc mother, Sylvia, whose son, 14, was also at Rock 'n' Ride last Friday.

He was offered ecstasy, but an adult was with their group.

"West Edmonton Mall needs to step up and figure something else out," she said. "It's scary, way too scary. Young lives are snuffed out in an instant."

Thinking of the young victim's mother, she said, "it just sends a pang through my chest."

In Cassie's north-side home, her cellphone keeps ringing with text messages from friends who just can't believe she is really gone, said her mother.

A cover of Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah played in the background as Cassie's sister searched for songs to play at her funeral. Cassie's niece toddled by, oblivious to the tragedy, and her cat played with a Journal photographer.

She's a tease, her mother said, just like Cassie was.

"Cassie took the drug, but now we have to live with it," said her stepfather, Guy Buehler. "They need more education on this. They need to be stricter on people who are selling it."

"How full of life she was," her mother said. "We just don't want anyone to forget what happened to her."

estolte@thejournal.canwest.com, ldrake@thejournal.canwest.com

© Copyright (c) The Calgary Herald

--------------------
[quote]Shad0w said:
A Bong is like the "fukit" of getting high...... You are smoking out of a bong for one reason. And one reason only. To get super high out of your mind.[/quote]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleWorldWideWInton
Student
Male User Gallery

Loc: unknown
Re: Teen says drug use rampant at Edmonton underage party [Re: psychedelia56]
    #10242167 - 04/27/09 11:27 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

it would be nice if they would print the exact pill she took and what was exactly in it.  to say she too ecstacy is a scare tactic that isnt working. if there are pills that are killing people in the area it would be a public service to let people know what kinds are.

--------------------
My past post are not necessarily reflections of my current opinions.

InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Colorado Flag
    #10242183 - 04/27/09 11:29 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

"Soon, a nurse said it was over."
I call BS on that part. No nurse would say such a thing to a parent. She'd say "I'm going to get the doctor now."

As for the rest of the story... kids taking drugs at a party. I'm shocked. Just shocked.

--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

InvisibleGreen_T
 User Gallery

Loc: UK Flag
Re: Teen says drug use rampant at Edmonton underage party [Re: Doc_T]
    #10242210 - 04/27/09 11:36 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

she took 6 pills?

I wonder if her taking so many of unknown strength has anything to do with the government giving kids scare tactics instead of proper information :strokebeard3:

--------------------

"I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man" - Thomas Jefferson

Legalize Meth | Drug War Victims

Offlinej0nnyb0y05
IBelieveInBelivin
Male

Loc: Going Going, Back Back to
Re: Teen says drug use rampant at Edmonton underage party [Re: Green_T]
    #10242534 - 04/27/09 12:38 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

can I get a Yay for proper regulation on subtances?

--------------------
.....Healing Of People Everywhere.....

Offlinebbl337
genetic material is Ar based
 User Gallery

Re: Teen says drug use rampant at Edmonton underage party [Re: j0nnyb0y05]
    #10242608 - 04/27/09 12:50 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Was probably meth or 4-MTA.  And, not to be a jerk, but 6 pills of anything without knowing what it contains is a horrible horrible idea.  Unfortunately, "ecstasy" will continue to be used as a scare tactic as long as dealers sell it as such.  Way to ruin it for the rest of us guys  :pirate:

--------------------

Offlinemycoharry
Fun guy
Male User Gallery

Re: Teen says drug use rampant at Edmonton underage party [Re: bbl337]
    #10242901 - 04/27/09 01:45 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

thats bull shit. atricles like this piss me off.

Offlineneopet nub
Stranger

Re: Teen says drug use rampant at Edmonton underage party [Re: j0nnyb0y05]
    #10243608 - 04/27/09 03:44 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

j0nnyb0y05 said:
can I get a Yeah on proper regulation on subtances?

--------------------
Ego death from weed!

Offlinewhitelight7
Sr.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington Flag
Re: Teen says drug use rampant at Edmonton underage party [Re: neopet nub]
    #10243698 - 04/27/09 03:59 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Does anyone remeber that this just happened to a few other girls in the same area a month ago?  It was posted here even if I recall.  It was the same story of uneducated little girls popping too many pill.  I find it strange that they havn't tested the blood for PMA.  Usually if there are multiple X deaths in an area, they post toxicity reports to show what the bad pills are.  I'm surprised they havn't done this and just keep calling it dangerous ex.

--------------------
Staunch supporter of spontaneous generation:cheers:

Invisibleuber_aj
Goodbye Shroomery!
Male

Loc: Much love to you all
    #10244254 - 04/27/09 05:21 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Cassie's parents believe the pills were triple strength, information Cassie's older sister got from friends who know the 16-year-old alleged dealer.

Sounds like somebody said they were triple-stacks. I hear those are almost as bad for you as the legendary skunk weed.

:rolleyes: I'd love to hear how much alcohol she had put down that night too. This article is gay.

Offlineaspore
myconaut
 User Gallery

Re: Teen says drug use rampant at Edmonton underage party [Re: uber_aj]
    #10244330 - 04/27/09 05:31 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Sounds like triple stacks 'strenghts' to me.

Dumbasses, I never take 6 ANYTHING.

They might have been weaker in previous to these girls though, and 6 might have done the trick.

WE really need to check around dancesafe or pillreports and see if anyone in that area has any deadly triple stacks.

It really is a shame that us on this forum seem to know more about the subject than the entire chain of people that are 'officially' working this case.

If we can post these pills, we can tell people that they contain certain subs that will harm, and not to eat. Knowledge rocks.

Fucking also people need to get FREE TEST KITS from dancesafe so they can test and KNOW!

--------------------

c        l        i      c        k        m        e

Invisibletimekiller
God
Male

Loc: I'm too fucked up to know...
    #10244729 - 04/27/09 06:41 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

This wouldn't happen ever, if MDMA and some of it's analogues, were regulated, government approved, and taxed. That way, only people of legal age could buy them, people who choose to take them will know exactly what's in them, how much is in them, it could be covered in warnings so people could use it safely, and take money out of criminals pockets and put it back in the community. Right now drug dealer's don't ask for id, they have about as good an idea about what's in their pills as the kids buying them, and don't really care what happens to the people who take them as long as they get paid. Most of these kids don't care what their putting in their bodies, shit, half of them think their invincible, they just want to feel good. "well, lets see, I took 5 blue smiley faces last week and I had a blast, so I should be able to take 6 of these triple stacked sunflowers and be fine, right?" (I just pulled those names out of my ass)That might be true if it was the same drug and dosage as the other pills, but they're made illegally, with who knows what, who knows where, and by who knows who. if alcohol were still on the black market surely some bootleggers would be cranking out impure and unsafe products, and obviously, kids are gonna be eating this crap regardless of how safe it is, so why not make it safe and controlled? Legalize it!

--------------------
SATAN?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies