Psychedelic mushrooms can be the subject of much curiosity, in children as well as adults. At the Shroomery, we try to dispel the many myths surrounding these hallucinogens and provide unbiased information to help guide personal decision making. However, it is important to understand that our content is geared solely towards a responsible adult audience. Many of our documents detail procedures which, in some jurisdictions (including the USA) can carry severe legal penalties. In addition, psilocybe mushrooms contain physically safe but powerful mind-altering chemicals which should only be consumed with extreme caution. We do not believe minors necessarily posses the maturity or experience to critically assess the information we provide and make responsible decisions regarding psychedelics.
For this reason, we do not allow underage users to register on our site. Users who are found to have lied about their age will be banned. We are committed to working with parents to ensure they have control over their children's browsing experience, and we voluntarily adhere to several technical standards which make it possible to automatically restrict access to our site. RTA
tags are the primary methods used by websites to mark content as "adult only". We comply with both standards, which means our site will automatically be blocked by almost any parental control software
. Some options you can consider:
- Mirosoft Internet Explorer contains built-in parental controls which block the Shroomery by default.
- Parental Control Toolbar is a free add-on for Internet Explorer, Firefox and Safari which blocks the Shroomery by default.
- Safari for Mac OSX contains parental controls which can be used to block the Shroomery.
- America Online provides parental controls which can be used to block the Shroomery.
- Earthlink provides parental controls which can be used to block the Shroomery.
- SBC Yahoo! provides parental controls which can be used to block the Shroomery.
We also have the ability to block users by IP address
, which can be an effective way to prevent access from a specific connection. However, IP addresses sometimes change, especially for dialup users. For this reason, we recommend using one of the solutions listed above to reliably restrict access to this site. However, if you cannot install software on the computer in question, or if you just want an additional layer of security, we encourage you to contact us
with the IP address
of the system and we will block it manually.
We welcome all comments, questions and suggestions so please don't hesitate to send in your feedback
about how we can better enforce our age restrictions. Thank you for reading this document and for helping us limit the use of this site to responsible adults only.