- What is the history of magic mushrooms? What is the history of tripping?
Shrooms became very popular among trippers in the 1970s
- Why are mushrooms legal in some countries and illegal in others?
Some governments legally allow psilocybe mushrooms while others governments have made them a very serious legal matter.
- Is tripping with others a good idea?
The important thing to remember in organizing a group session is to have knowledge of and trust in the fellow voyagers.
- Should I trip with sober people?
A "Trip Sitter" can be a very helpful person to have around especially if this person is naturally laid back and has experience with psychedelics and trippers.
- Should I watch television or movies while tripping?
In general I try to watch as little TV as humanly possible. Especially while tripping.
- Why do some people throw up while coming up?
Sometimes, the body regects your mind's suggested mushroom dosage.
- How to Avoid a Bad Trip
A document with some good advice for first-time trippers.
- How do I stay positive during a trip?
Keep yourself in a positive or neutral environment.
- What if I take too much?
A great article extolling the virtues of accurate scales.
- What is the link between spirituality and tripping?
If you think tripping is a spiritual experience, you will be proven correct.
- Does tripping let you reach enlightenment?
Reading some of the comments from folks like Aldous Huxley or Alan Watts about "enlightenment" & about psychedelic substances gives us some clues..
- What is ego loss?
"Ego loss"..sometimes called "Ego transcendence" or "Ego death", is the state of mind when one temporarily bypasses, sees through, or otherwise transcends the limits of the ego.
- What can meditation do for me while tripping?
Meditation allows you to silence the 'inner noise', and focus your concentration.
- What are hallucinations really, and what do they look like?
A true hallucination is when one witnesses something that appears to be real, yet no actual stimulus has occured.
- How can I stop a trip (ie: sober up)?
There is no "off switch" to tripping.
- What is comedown anxiety and how can it be avoided/reduced?
Comedown anxiety is wondering "if" and "when" you'll come down.
- What is a mushroom hangover like?
You will wake up feeling like you've just slept after a journey of a thousand miles.
- Why are trips so hard to talk about after they are over?
The trip experience transcends all mortal language... as do all experiences, when it comes down to it.
- How will a mushroom trip change me?
What if I want to stay the same?
- What are flashbacks?
Flashbacks consist of acute events where the individual experiences significant alterations in their thoughts, feelings, and/or perceptions.
- What is the Hallucinogen Persisting Perception Disorder / HPPD ?
Hallucinogen Persisting Perception Disorder is a long-term visual disorder caused by taking hallucinogens.
- Why do only a select group of people like to trip?
When a person ingests psychedelics they face a form of reality where their conventional beliefs about what is real and who they are are challenged.
- Is it true that psychedelics can trigger mental illness?
The answer to this question is not a simple yes or no, however for the average person with no emotional or psychological problems or any family history of mental illness the answer is surely an un-equivocal no.
- Do hallucinogenic mushrooms cause liver damage?
The 2 main active genera containing Psilo(cybin)cin, Panneolus and Psilocybe do not exhibit any liver toxic properties.
- Is it safe to combine mushrooms with other drugs?
Before considering a combination it is a must for you to know your limits with each of the substances on their own before mixing.