Provides answers to frequently asked questions and debunks commonly believed myths about magic mushrooms.
- Where can I find supplies in the USA?
Most supplies can be ordered online from our various Shroomery Sponsors.
- Where can I order spore syringes or prints from?
There are several vendors from which you can order spores and supplies from.
- What is the difference between a spore print and a spore syringe?
A "print" is a collection of spores a mushroom drops once it has reached full maturity.
- Does tripping change your range of hearing?
Although it may seem that tripping causes you to see and hear things sharper the truth is that only your perceptions have changed.
- Why do some people puke on shrooms?
Many people experience nausea and/or vomiting during mushroom experiences, especially with larger doses.
- Has anyone ever died from eating psilocybes?
There is one documented case of a man who consumed large amounts of P. semilaceata and died thereafter.
- If you are allergic to penicillin would you also be allergic to shrooms?
There is no direct connection between the penicillin allergy and allergy to magic mushrooms.
- How should I crumble the substrate?
There are several ways, all of which are similar.
- What is "cold shocking"?
The uses and misconceptions about cold shocking
- mushroom poisoning antidote
- What are the legal ramifications of being caught with psychedelic mushrooms?
A state-by-state listing of links related to U.S. laws regarding the legalities of mushrooms and other drugs.
- What should I do after harvest?
Cakes: You clean the cakes of all aborts and place it back into the fruiting chamber at 95%-100% humidity.
- Are aborts more potent than fully grown mushrooms?
Less weighing specimens have more alkaloids.
- Is it true that hallucinogens can be transferred through skin?
Neither ingested psilocybin, nor LSD can be transferred through contact with a human's skin.
- What does nom. prov. mean?
What does nom. prov. mean?
- Is vermiculite dangerous/illegal/unavailable?
Some years ago vermiculite originating from one particular mine in the United States was found to contain certain levels of asbestos and the mine was shut down
- How much is the whole thing going to cost me?
When you begin with mushroom cultivation there is some initial cost since you need some items that you most likely don't have laying around.
- Which is better - cakes or bulk substrates?
If you are a beginner and want to grow just a few mushrooms, then cakes are better for you since the whole process is shorter and bears less chances of failure.
- How can I grow lots of shrooms, fast?
There is no quick and dirty way to start producing massive flushes from the start.
- What are some acute psychological and physiological effects of psilocybin?
Acute psychological and physiological effects of psilocybin in healthy humans: a double-blind, placebo-controlled dose-effect study Felix Hasler , Ulrike Grimberg, Marco A. Benz, Theo Huber and Franz X. Vollenweider
- Where can I find supplies in the USA? (longer list)
This is a short listing of common supplies and equipment used in amateur mushroom cultivation.
- What is the difference between Amanita muscaria (Fly agaric) and Psilocybe mushrooms?
General differences Psilocybin/Psilocin Mushrooms Mushrooms that
contain the hallucinogens psilocybin and/or psilocin belong mainly to
the genera: Psilocybe, Conocybe, and Panaeolus.
- How do i keep my temperature under control
without upsetting the other room temperatures
- Where can i see pictures related to mushroom cultivation related terms?
A few pictures to key words and parts of the process: Germination Fully colonised Cake pinning Pins growing Cake ready for harvest Veil breaking Caps ready for spore printing Casing ready for spore printing Spore printing Hyphal knots Primordia Overlay Photos by DreaMaTrix More pictures in the Growlog archive and the Gallery.
- Which tek is the best for the beginner?
The tek that most beginners start with is the PF-tek .