Provides answers to frequently asked questions and debunks commonly believed myths about magic mushrooms.
- How do shrooms work?
The answer to this question is somewhat complex and not 100% understood by scientists.
- Why do different species and strains of mushrooms have different highs?
All active Psilocybe mushrooms contain the same main substances which are psilocybin, psilocin and to a lesser degree baeocystin and norbaeocystin.
- How can I grow lots of shrooms, fast?
There is no quick and dirty way to start producing massive flushes from the start.
- What is the most potent mushroom?
Likely the most potent species are wood chipthe s inhabiting species like Psilocybe azurescens, Psilocybe cyanescens and Psilocybe subaeruginosa.
- Which tek is the best for the beginner?
The tek that most beginners start with is the PF-tek .
- How long does it take for a pin to mature?
It takes anything from 2 - 5 days for a P. Cubensis pin to mature.
- Do hallucinogenic mushrooms cause liver damage?
The mushrooms that contain psilocybin and psilocin will not cause liver damage.
- Do I need a pressure cooker?
You don't need a pressure cooker when sterilizing PF jars, or when sterilizing boilable instruments such as syringes.
- What is the difference between Amanita muscaria (Fly agaric) and Psilocybe mushrooms?
General differences Psilocybin/Psilocin Mushrooms Mushrooms that
contain the hallucinogens psilocybin and/or psilocin belong mainly to
the genera: Psilocybe, Conocybe, and Panaeolus.
- What is the difference between a spore print and a spore syringe?
A "print" is a collection of spores a mushroom drops once it has reached full maturity.
- When should I harvest?
Harvest casings all together over a course of 1 day for best results.
- What are some acute psychological and physiological effects of psilocybin?
Acute psychological and physiological effects of psilocybin in healthy humans: a double-blind, placebo-controlled dose-effect study Felix Hasler , Ulrike Grimberg, Marco A. Benz, Theo Huber and Franz X. Vollenweider
- How do I harvest a mushroom?
A mushroom is best harvested by being pulled off the casing or cake with a twisting motion.
- Is there strychnine in mushrooms?
No, there is no strychnine in mushrooms.
- Which is better - cakes or bulk substrates?
If you are a beginner and want to grow just a few mushrooms, then cakes are better for you since the whole process is shorter and bears less chances of failure.
- What should I do after harvest?
Cakes: You clean the cakes of all aborts and place it back into the fruiting chamber at 95%-100% humidity.
- Are psilocybe mushrooms addictive?
Psilocybe mushrooms are neither physically addictive nor are they likely to cause psychological dependence.
- Is vermiculite dangerous/illegal/unavailable?
Some years ago vermiculite originating from one particular mine in the United States was found to contain certain levels of asbestos and the mine was shut down
- Do caps or stems contain more psilocybin/psilocin?
The caps tend to contain more psilocybin and psilocin than stems.
- Where can i see pictures related to mushroom cultivation related terms?
A few pictures to key words and parts of the process: Germination Fully colonised Cake pinning Pins growing Cake ready for harvest Veil breaking Caps ready for spore printing Casing ready for spore printing Spore printing Hyphal knots Primordia Overlay Photos by DreaMaTrix More pictures in the Growlog archive and the Gallery.
- Is it possible to cross 2 strains?
A hybrid would result from the mating of a monokaryon of one strain with a monokaryon of another strain.
- Are there long-term effects of taking hallucinogenic mushrooms?
There are no long term physical effects from ingestion of mushrooms containing psilocybin and psilocin.
- Where can I order spore syringes or prints from?
There are several vendors from which you can order spores and supplies from.
- Is there a difference in yield if I use multispore inoculation or an isolated strain?
There is a difference.
- Can one go insane while tripping on mushrooms?
The answer to this question is not a simple yes or no, even for the average person with no emotional or psychological problems or any family history of mental illness the answer is surely an un-equivocal no.