as some people seem to have problems to get into
the original thread @ growlogs
i decided to re-post it here in order
to get the links in my sig working
also added pics of recent monotub
so it doesn't get too old
recent monotub grow: http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...rue#Post4976633
ey!welcome to the original monotub thread
thats how the whole thing looks
(there really isnt more to it ..)
1 get a nice tub, preferrably see-through. mine is
2 drill holes in the box, 4
at top of CASING LAYER LEVEL
two or more holes at top of the tub so circulation
bottom and top holes moves the air around
4 stuff holes with
polyfill, apply lid, wait, harvest
and this is how it
is looking 11 days later,
never opened or misted or did anything to
that's how dat sexy hookah looked at harvest day:
tub done in similar fashion about a year later:look
at the 'final update' for all info after the harvest pic
additional supasexy pixxorssss
now how it came to it:
maybe someone remembers me asking people over and over and over again
finally try the double tub concept adapted to one tub .. but noone did
so, if you wanna know something you do it yourself, right?
was some colonised rye / millet prepared by my spawnbag tek
link in signature for details) and spawned with agar.
was 100% i sterilized 3 quart jars with vermiculite i saturated
a mix of 500ml alc free beer boiled down to 200ml and used water
thin it out, in order to feed nutes into the vermiculite.
was mixed in the tub and let recover for a day.
next day, a mix
of 60% verm 40% peat and some calciumcarbonate was nuked
microwave for 10 mins, stirred and nuked again for 20 mins in
spawnbag -> after cooling was applied as a casing layer.
days later first myc breakthrough, patched by kicking around substrate,
again and properly msited with h2o2water and voila,
made 6 holes,
stuffed with polyfill, taped the lid on and now were waiting.
layer is evenly penetrated and it looks as it wouldnt dry out too much.
how it will go on
peace ohm update 2
some strange mutant blobshroor is evolving, besides that, nothing.
is evenly penetrated everywhere, im waiting for hyphal knots.
should have hung a hygrometer in there, just for kicks.
peace ohm update 3
over night about 20 to 30 pins suddenly came out of nowhere
aaah feels so good that this baby
didnt go to shit,
i was alreadys tarting to feel sad of cutting holes
in a nice binbut
it seems that after all, it would work out !
am curious if there will be more pins showing up and how these are
so far, so good, yaaaaaaaay.
ohm update 4
in a pic of the picset i took through the lid,
not the best but it
gives you an idea whats going on.
most of the pins look kinda,
well, long n thin, i guess co2 levels
are rocketing within that tub
but who knows.
still the tub hastn been opened once
peace ohm final update
guys .. guess what, time went by and eventually this pretty weird
approached an end
well, what shall i tell you, every
single one of my expectation payed off
perfectly and left me with
the monotub turned out to be as good, if
not even superior to its big "brother",
the double tub which inspired
me to start the whole thing in the first place.
it managed its
air exchange, kept humidity up and hell dig that,
i even took the tub
with me on the train b/c i wanted to see how it fruits
and since i
had to go home over holiday i wrapped the whole thing in
and went on a psychedelic train ride for couple hours,
lol dudes ill
never do that again, ever !
(even though it was good fun telling
tons of people that i was transporting
turtles in the tub heh)
so, enuf of the blabla, on with the goodie goodie !
i'd like to throw in an angled view of her goddess,
take a little closeup, angled again, shall we,
darn aint they sexy:
of the fruits inside came in HUGE clusters starting up
from 2 to 3
shrooms till whopping 10 or more,
all perfectly formed with very few
take a look at these nice hats from above:
one of the most beautiful clusters the tub had,
i saw it and had to
take numerous pictures of it before
picking it, so here you go, isnt
finally, since you people are all about it,
here we go with a shot
of the whole lot before i threw
it onto the compost pile:
pics of a tub a did exactly like the one above, about a year later:
by how much work the tub involved (basically no work at all) and
it to how it performed, i must say that i am GREATLY
surprised by how well it
did and must add that it met my very own,
actually quite high, standards.
the great thing about the monotub
is, that once sealed, you will not have
any contam from the outside
ever penetrating the "polyfillshield" and
therefor fruits from the
tub should be the perfect candidates for cloning
and alike, imho.
i hope this is another lil goodie i could throw in for the omc,
hope you enjoyed the show.
agar had some
useful input for people who cannot get translucent tubs:
folks do mono tub grows.
(w/filter covered gas exchange holes
drilled in the tub)
4 inch substrate depth in tub bottom.
add spawn & incubate the tub.
all are guilty of PEEKING, every so often..
is where contaminates can enter, gain a foothold & F/U the grow.
you do monotubs.
It is a WISE idea to invert a large see-through trash can liner.
the top of the tub, held down with masking tape.
Then, apply the
That way, if/when you peek, no contam's can enter the
Once the substrate is fully colonized, simply strip the bag